Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Hall of fame for Quench (Retired) - krousdb (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/hall-of-fame-for-quench-retired-krousdb-2416.html)

zpiloto 06-30-2006 07:13 AM

Hall of fame for Quench (Retired) - krousdb

Should we have a hall of fame spot(or place of honor) on the garage/gaslog page for the Quench with pic's and mod discriptions. Since it retired those numbers 80% + over EPA:eek: will probability be there for quite awhile.

95metro 06-30-2006 07:24 AM

Cool idea :cool:

SVOboy 06-30-2006 07:25 AM

He'll prolly be embarassed when he reads this.

"It was all the car, I swear!"

The Toecutter 06-30-2006 07:36 AM

It was mostly the car. Driver skill only does about 25-30% of fuel economy increase for the best drivers.

But Dan is one of the best. Probably the best here. Certainly more skilled than I am, he can push an Insight to over 100 mpg!

Without driver skill, the mods he had on that Del sol would equal over 50 mpg, even with the lead foots.

Needless to say, it was all him, as he did do the work on his car!

I wish him similar success with his new Civic. Shoot for 100 mpg!

SVOboy 06-30-2006 07:39 AM

I garuantee you I could get 30 miles to the gallon on his car, mods intact, :p Hell, the epa only got 30 something and they're criticized for being above average.

The Toecutter 06-30-2006 07:47 AM

Yeah, if you drove it at 110+ mph!

Of course, my assessment of driving habits did not factor codfishing.

SVOboy 06-30-2006 07:48 AM

Nope, just on my normal commute. Keep in mind that my car is more aerodynamic, lighter, with a taller transmission and almost equivalent engine and I can easily get 30 mpg if I wanna go somewhere.

Matt Timion 06-30-2006 08:29 AM

I'm planning on having a spot in the garage/gaslog for retired cars and a way to retire your vehicles. Garage/Gaslog is next on my list to finish up after the car is driving.

krousdb 06-30-2006 01:36 PM

Yes Ben, I am embarrassed. :o

And thanks everyone for the compliments.:o

Actually I was just wondering about the gaslog today. I figure that 90 days after posting my last tank, Quench should fall off of the gaslog top 10 lists due to lack of data. A retired list would be nice. Certainly others will be changing cars.

And yes, toecutter, I have thought about 100MPG on the VX. First thing is to verify that my leanburn works as it should. The next step would be to find the optimal speed for FE. My guess is 40-45 MPH. If the instantaneous reading shows over 100, then a 100 MPG tank could be possible. But it would require another stunt like the Prius Marathon to do that.

My gut tells me that lean burn might be worth 80 MPG at best however. I hope to find out more next week.

Matt Timion 06-30-2006 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krousdb
Yes Ben, I am embarrassed. :o

And thanks everyone for the compliments.:o

Actually I was just wondering about the gaslog today. I figure that 90 days after posting my last tank, Quench should fall off of the gaslog top 10 lists due to lack of data. A retired list would be nice. Certainly others will be changing cars.

And yes, toecutter, I have thought about 100MPG on the VX. First thing is to verify that my leanburn works as it should. The next step would be to find the optimal speed for FE. My guess is 40-45 MPH. If the instantaneous reading shows over 100, then a 100 MPG tank could be possible. But it would require another stunt like the Prius Marathon to do that.

My gut tells me that lean burn might be worth 80 MPG at best however. I hope to find out more next week.

I was thinking of getting an air fuel ratio meter to measure lean burn in my car. Could be fun.