Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Maintenance and Repair (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f10/)
-   -   Metro 3-cyl General Info (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f10/metro-3-cyl-general-info-2476.html)

MetroMPG 07-10-2006 03:22 PM

It's about 8300 kms... Piling the miles on...

95metro 07-11-2006 07:50 AM

I need to find out injector size so Yoshi can program the MID. As I said, TeamSwift keeps locking my system and it's ticking me off.

MetroMPG, anyone, please help? Please? :o

MetroMPG 07-11-2006 07:58 AM

What browser are you using that's crashing over there?

95metro 07-11-2006 08:06 AM

Both IE6 and Netscape 7. I think it actually has something to do with the server in my workplace. Possibly Norton's remote scanning or something. Teamswift is the only site it happens on and only after I surf through 4 to 5 pages. It's weird.

I'd do it at home, but my computer is in pieces at the moment (and I'm sick of computers by the end of the day) and my wife and kids are always on theirs...:p

95metro 07-11-2006 08:26 AM

Looking through my last SuperMID Revisited post, I said I had found a number of 272 cc/min on Teamswift. However, on my latest visit before my latest lock up I found out that the 272 cc/min is either not correct or only for Swift GTs.

I don't know. I'm confused about the whole thing. :confused:

MetroMPG 07-11-2006 08:50 AM

OK, tell me exactly what you need to know, and I'll look for it or post a question. I think all the 1.0 and 1.3 motors are TBI, not multi-port. I'm not sure if that changes things for you.

Keep in mind I also know nothing about injectors...

95metro 07-11-2006 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG
Keep in mind I also know nothing about injectors...

Me neither :(, all I know is that Yoshi asked this question:

Quote:

In the meantime, would you please check the specification(xx cc/min) of the injector on your 3 cylinder Metro?
So I just need to know how many cc/min the stock 3-cylinder TBI injector spits out.

I was thinking that I should see if any of the Suzuki/Pontiac/Chevy parts people would know as well. They may have it in their computers. I'll phone or visit some dealerships later today.

95metro 07-11-2006 09:40 AM

Wait a minute...I just found a site with the formula for converting cc/min to gal/hr and it suddenly clicked that you listed your liters/hr in your warm-up time experiment.

0.5 Lph was your warmed up flow and the initial start flow was 1.5 Lph, so this calculates to:

500cc/h = 8.3333 cc/min at idle.
1500cc/h = 25 cc/min initial start.

These values seem very small. So how do they calculate/measure fuel injector size? Maybe it's what the injector is capable of flowing. More to figure out...:cool:

EDIT: Interesting...I just punched 65 hp and 1 injector into the calculator here: https://www.rceng.com/technical.htm and it gave me a cc/min rating of 272...coincidence???

MetroMPG 07-11-2006 10:18 AM

Sorry I miss the importance of the 272 in the coincidence :confused:

EDIT: OK, I see it's the number you found at teamswift previously.

Then again, our cars make 55 hp peak, not 65, so that calc may be off.

Also, doesn't nn cc/min depend on RPM and load?

I wonder if Dan has anything to offer. I didn't pay much attention to the injector discussion he was having with Ben, when they were calibrating their MIDs.

95metro 07-11-2006 10:22 AM

Oh, 272 cc/min was a number I found on Teamswift, but some guys were saying it was wrong and others were saying it was just for the GT.

I assume it would depend on load, but I figure that this must be the maximum rating - perhaps at wide open throttle. Ben was saying that the VX injectors were 190 cc/min or something like that.

EDIT: oops...55 hp, right. I don't know why I always say 65. I guess I'm hoping for more?

EDIT2: Injectors are rated at 100% duty cycle, but only operated at 80% maximum.