Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   hiya (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/hiya-2632.html)

lindermant 08-05-2006 07:28 PM

hiya

Short time lurker - recent poster! Found this forum by way of cleanMPG.com (which I found by way of greenhybrid.com).

I've always been a tinkerer, and this forum is great in that everyone is trying new things and sharing their findings. In addition to the above mentioned sites, I also lurk at BITOG (oil related forum).

My ride:
2005 Civic DX/Value Package Coupe with 4sp automatic
~18000 miles, lifetime MPG = 42.2MPG (personal best tank 48.5MPG)

Current Mods:
OEM Dunlop SP20FE tires set at 45psi
Scangauge-I
Wayfinder v7500 (no real FE value, but it's a gadget) ;)
Shopvac hose CAI (recently disconnected and back to factory setup)

Future mods:
coroplast undercarriage (have a 4x8 sheet of it in the garage)
moon disc hubcaps (ordered, just waiting for the UPS hookup)
IAT sensor override (maybe... have to read a bit more on it)
Civ Hybrid decklid lip (another maybe)

SVOboy 08-05-2006 07:33 PM

I wouldn't bother with the IAT trick on a newer car like yours.

Anyway, it sounds like you're off to a good start. Too bad it's not stick shift! What kinda commute do you have?

MetroMPG 08-05-2006 07:51 PM

Hey, welcome, lindermant.

What are the car's EPA specs? (Don't forget to create a garage entry for your car - makes it easy for folks to see what you're up to since it appears under your name in all your posts.)

Nice to see another SG user as well. Do you use it to try to quantify specific techniques/mods, or is it mainly for tracking your regular driving?

Matt Timion 08-05-2006 08:01 PM

YAY! Another member!

Welcome. You'll find that there are a lot of people here with great ideas. I hope to see your mileage stats as you are here longer.

Matt

lindermant 08-05-2006 08:53 PM

fueleconomy.gov shows 29city / 38highway / 33combined for my ride

SG is used primarily for monitoring my daily driving, but now that I'm getting into mods it'll be used in that light as well for A-B-A comparisons.

current commute is 72mi roundtrip - primarily highway, and off rush hour; about as ideal as it can get :)

I'll get crackin' on the garage and transfer my tank stats from my excel spreadsheet.

SVOboy 08-05-2006 08:55 PM

Damn, 72 miles, that really bones. How fast do you go?

lindermant 08-05-2006 09:07 PM

I hang in the right lane and try to keep it at 50mph

SVOboy 08-05-2006 09:10 PM

Ah, nice. Explains a bit. I should look up your gearing. What RPM are you at?

rh77 08-05-2006 09:18 PM

Welcome

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion
YAY! Another member!

Welcome. You'll find that there are a lot of people here with great ideas. I hope to see your mileage stats as you are here longer.

Matt

Welcome to GS. I agree that the IAT mod may not work, but actual hot air could help. Instead of the CAI or stock intake, perhaps trying a hot air intake could improve FE. Depending on your location, an engine block heater could help in colder months to keep the engine ready for efficiency. Also, a hotter thermostat has helped some members. Remember to modify the driver too :rolleyes: -- which has helped me a great deal. If you're daring, engine-off or neutral-only coasting adds up. I bet you could beat 50mpg easily. Good luck!

RH77

lindermant 08-05-2006 09:18 PM

4.07 final drive for my 4spd auto.... turning at/under 2000RPM @ 50mph