Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Last Minute Tips for College? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/last-minute-tips-for-college-2830.html)

SVOboy 09-03-2006 01:18 PM

Last Minute Tips for College?

Well, I leave tomorrow morning at 8am and will be strenuously hiking for a few days and then just illin' until I recieve my macbook on the 12th at the beginning of orientation.

For the sake of I'm really bored since everyone I know is already gone, does anyone have an last minute wise words for me before I head into the abyss?

GasSavers_brick 09-03-2006 02:45 PM

Put in the time and effort to do the work. In my opinion, that's the single most important factor in academic success. At least for me, getting really comfortable with the problem sets was 80% of what it took to get through the exams. Sometimes it's painful, sometime it takes way longer than you ever believed, but it will pay off in the end.

Staying organized to keep on top of that work is also key, and will probably save your sanity.

Good luck!

SVOboy 09-03-2006 02:58 PM

Thanks for the advice. I'm a little afraid of the math myself but more so of japanese. I know I'll put in the time and the effort, but right now it all seems so daunting.

Organization though, dunno how I'll pull that one off, :p

Silveredwings 09-03-2006 03:42 PM

"Everything in moderation, including moderation." - Twain

Silveredwings 09-03-2006 03:59 PM

...but from personal experience, if you have any science classes (or finance for that matter), it really helps the learning curve a lot if you can stay a semester ahead of the math.

Other than that, sure orginization will certainly help, it's all about learning how to find the internal motivation, discipline and passion to get the work done and still enjoy the good times. Yet don't get so buried in the rote work to forget what your options and opportunities are.

You're smart, so in very short order, you'll be answering your own question better than anyone else could.

SVOboy 09-03-2006 04:03 PM

Thanks, Mr. Sir. Orginization...Iono.

Anyway, I just hope I've remembered everything, I definately have too many coats, paranoid mother.

JanGeo 09-03-2006 04:23 PM

Your computer will crash if you try to do the report or paper the day before it is due because the computers have a critical need detector built into them so the more you need something the more it will crash and loose files. Hard to believe but theft is also a problem in college so don't expect a locked door to protect your stuff - engrave your name on everything and have digital photos of everything you own on a small CD or flash card and keep that safe. Try to do your homework right after class that covered the subject matter otherwise you will forget it - ask me how I know!

SVOboy 09-03-2006 04:26 PM

:thumbup: for MacBook and my 160 square foot single with bathroom, :)

Anyway, I won't ask about your poor homework, :p

onegammyleg 09-04-2006 01:25 AM

Yeah , My reply is DONT GO !

I didn't go on to higher learning and I got a good ejumikation ! :-D

thisisntjared 09-04-2006 07:06 AM

dont get drunk.

but if the advice is for you i say "ENJOY IT!!"

man, its another realm of education with a better learning atmosphere, if you care about that kinda thing.