Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   File import issue (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/file-import-issue-287.html)

RobAGD 07-14-2009 12:05 PM

File import issue

I am having some issues with a csv file I uploaded, it seems to have dropped April and Mays fill up and well, its also seems to not be once again calculating fill or listing fills in correct order.

Is there a way to delete an imported file ?

pb 07-14-2009 12:26 PM

No there isn't a way to delete imports, but you can: 1.) delete your existing car, 2.) create a new car, 3.) try your import again.

pb 07-14-2009 12:31 PM

yeah, looks like your April fills are off. I took a look at all fuel ups and on April 20 your odometer said 88221, and then on April 21 it said 87811, so there are probably some fuel-up dates transposed along the line. If you fix those up and re-import you should be set.

RobAGD 07-15-2009 10:07 AM

ok the april booboo was a 12 vs 21 in the date.

Now looking at some other weird ness

May 22 and June 6th I belive

I have complete fills 1 with 0 mpg and 1 with 1.9

Also a partial fill is listed above ( later ) than another fill in the same day, Why wouldnt the system sort fill on teh same day by the miles ?

-R

pb 07-15-2009 01:47 PM

Why wouldnt the system sort fill on teh same day by the miles ?

It should, so I'm not sure why you had the glitch with that day. It could have been a problem with the import process and having fuel-ups recorded at exactly the same time on the same day. I recalculated your mileage manually on this end and it looks like things are lining up better on those problem days now.

RobAGD 07-18-2009 09:36 PM

Thanks, when I get back into town I'll noodle through the list again and see if anything else is skewed.

-R

RobAGD 07-23-2009 06:43 AM

OK I am still seeing some issues with fill ups in May.

starting 4/27 to 5/31 everything mileage wise looks correct to me and is in correct order BUT I have 3 complete fills with no calculated mpg.

Something in how your system handles partial fills is angry or something.

R

pb 07-24-2009 04:05 AM

heh, nothing is angry. When you mark a fill as partial, Fuelly skips calculating the MPG for that tank and the next one. Fuelly needs a baseline full tank to start calculating MPG for individual fuel-ups again. But all of fuel-up data goes into calculating the average MPG of the vehicle, so it's still worthwhile to include partials.

There's a little more info in the FAQ: How do I account for partial fuel-ups?

RobAGD 07-24-2009 08:08 AM

Ok, there is the problem then, there is no reason to skip the calc.

If I burn through say a tank and go 400 miles on 18 gallons

how is that any differnt than if I go 1200 miles on 60 gallons ?

As long as you dont SKIP a fill there is no reason to not calc the mileage. It run look back at the DB and add the total gallons and miles up and bingo.

And somethinge lse thats a bit weird the same mileage that I uploaded here figured out to a differnt mpg than my excel sheets did.

Thanks

-R

pb 07-24-2009 11:07 AM

This answer in the FAQ might answer your question: Why do I have to fill the tank all the way up every time I buy fuel?