Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Most Documented Cars (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/most-documented-cars-293.html)

spezadams 08-02-2009 05:29 PM

Most Documented Cars

I just recently joined Fuelly and have imported my 275 well documented fuel ups from my personal records to the website for my BMW M5.

I was trying to find people with as many or more than me but could not.

So here is my question.... Are there any cars that have around the same or more fuel-ups than me????

It would be greatly appreciated to find out the answer to this.

Thanks, Spencer

mathowie 08-02-2009 11:35 PM

Yeah, there are some people with data going back into the early 1990s, when they bought their cars new.

spezadams 08-03-2009 06:24 AM

haha ok thanks

pb 08-04-2009 07:12 AM

Just to add a bit more, we're very hesitant to add any sort of Top Ten lists or leaderboards to the site. Fuelly isn't a competition, and we don't want competitive behavior to compromise collecting good data. There's some more explanation of our thinking about this in the FAQ: Why don't you list everything in order of best fuel economy?

RobAGD 08-12-2009 02:18 PM

I have close to 300 gas ups ( not always 100% fills ) on my Magnum, I had about 150 uploaded here, but I have started to condence them down to cover fill up to fill because how the site handles part fills.

I'll be adding the rest of my fills as I have time.

-Robert

brndnws 08-13-2009 04:40 AM

I have uploaded 330+ fill-ups for my 97 dakota. i kept them on a spreadsheet in my palm piolet.

about a year before i found this site i discussed creating a similar site with my brother, but we did not think many people would be interested. boy were we wrong

Brandon

SaturnHybridVue 08-18-2009 03:07 AM

I have over 175 fill ups and close to 80K in just under three years on a 2007 Saturn Vue Hybrid - Drive On.

fitzski 08-20-2009 10:33 PM

I don't think you (that is, Fuelly site bosses) need to create Top Ten lists or otherwise provide shout-outs that single out the "best" achievers.

You just need to provide a search/data mining function that provides access to all the data, and lets users navigate that data as fits their requirements.

Whether you like it or not, people ARE comparing and ranking their own performance relative to others, it's just that right now it's tedious and painful, instead of easy and flexible. If the OP wants to see what other M5 owners are getting, but only if they have >100 fill-ups and a manual transmission, there's no reason he shouldn't be able to do that. How he uses the results is up to him.

There's nothing stopping anyone from posting "fake" data right now, so I don't see that as an argument against providing additional reporting functions.

mechimatic 09-01-2009 12:25 AM

I had a glovebox full of 200+ receipts with the miles written on them and had entered about half of them before getting tired. Someday I will have spare energy to go back and finish them to "close the gaps". I don't drive a manual M5, unfortunately.

mark57 09-01-2009 09:11 PM

I documented and uploaded 553 fill-ups fulls on my 2003 4Runner that I just sold recently. 136,940 miles between 8-25-03 and 7-29-09. I've tracked the mpg and fuel cost on all the vehicles I've ever owned. It's a great way to get an early warning on potential vehicle issues.