Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   CONTEST: Win a Scangauge or SuperMID (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/contest-win-a-scangauge-or-supermid-3002.html)

Matt Timion 09-22-2006 03:05 PM

CONTEST: Win a Scangauge or SuperMID

I am happy to announce that GasSavers will give one lucky person a new Scangauge or a SuperMID (or the equivilant in gas cards) to the winner of this contest.

What is the contest? How do you win?
The objective of this contest is to advertise for GasSavers. Every time you advertise for GasSavers (in any way) you are one step closer to getting that first place prize. If you make a blog post, put a link to GasSavers in your signature on other forums, put a GasSavers sticker on your car, etc. please keep a record of it. The person who has done the most, and who has been the most creative will win the first prize!

How do you prove what you've done?
For every time you advertise GasSavers on the internet (links to the homepage are the best) you will need to save the link. If the judges click on the links and your contribution is not there, it will not count. If you use GasSavers stickers, license plate frames, etc, you must take a picture. If you manage to get GasSavers in your local newspaper, on the radio, etc., you must provide either a recording or a copy of the newspaper, etc.

Those interested in participating will receive a private message with an email address. You will send all of your submissions to that email address. If you have a physical item to submit (audio recording, newspaper, etc.) an address will be given to you to mail the item.

Who is judging the contest?
The contest will be judged by myself and Joe Gardner, the administrator of www.bikeforums.net. Judging will be based on creativity, uniqueness, and the number of times you've advertised for GasSavers.

What are the prizes?
1st place (one winner) - Your choice of one of the following four items:
  • A new Scangauge II
  • A new SuperMID
  • A $160 USD Gas Card at the gas station of your choice (nothing obscure please)
  • the ability to upgrade 8 fellow GasSavers memberships to Red Stars.

2nd place (two winners) - your choice of the following:
  • A $20 Gas Card
  • An upgraded membership (Red Star)
  • The gift of an upgraded membership to the GasSavers member of your choice.

When is the deadline?
All submissions must be received by December 1st, 2006. A winner will be chosen by December 15th, 2006 (if not sooner) and the prize will be mailed out promptly.

How do I enter?
You can enter by replying to this thread, at which time information will be sent to you via Private Message on GasSavers. You can also enter by sending me a private message indicating that you would like to enter the contest.

What are the rules?

By participating in the contest, you agree to the following rules:

Quote:

1. Entering the Contest and Claiming Prizes
Entering the contest requires that you are a member of the GasSavers.org community. It also requires that you have a valid email address and can be reached via email or private message on GasSavers.org.

Claiming of prizes requires an email response to GasSavers from the winner within 30 days of being notified of winning at the email address used to enter. Failure to respond shall mean that the winner forfeits the prize. GasSavers is not required to award elsewhere any prizes forfeited by the chosen winner(s).

2. Disqualification
By submitting information to GasSavers.org, you hereby represent and warrant that the submitted information was done legally and in no way violated the law. Failure to do so will disqualify you from the contest. Examples of unlawful acts that will result in disqualfication are: spam, defacement of property, graffiti, and any other unlawful or illegal act.

By entering this contest you agree to take ownership of all actions committed, and not hold GasSavers.org, it's employees or sponsor's liable for damaged caused by your actions while creating submissions to the contest.

3. Submission of photo, text or other content for Contests
Entries selected for display will be judged entirely at the discretion of GasSavers.org.

By submitting any photo or information to Gawker Media, you hereby grant to GasSavers.org and its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and assigns, an irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free right to use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish and otherwise make use of the submitted photo or other information in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created, throughout the world and for any purpose. In addition to other things, the rights granted to GasSavers.org includes but is not limited to the right to resize, crop, censor, compress, edit, feature, caption, affix logos to, and to otherwise alter or make use of the submitted photo;

By submitting any photo or information to GasSavers.org, you hereby represent and warrant that the submitted photo or information does not and shall not infringe on any copyright, any rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party, and you have the right to grant any and all rights and licenses granted to GasSavers.org herein, including but not limited to all necessary rights under copyright, free and clear of any claims or encumbrances;

You acknowledge and agree that GasSavers.org shall have no obligation to post, display or otherwise make publicly available any photo or information submitted by you, and may, in its sole and unfettered discretion, remove, edit, modify or delete any photo or information that you submit to GasSavers.org;

You understand and intend that any photo or information submitted by you to GasSavers.org may be available for viewing, rating, review and comment on by the public, and understand that comments or ratings with which you disagree or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with any photo or information you submit to GasSavers.org. By submitting any photo or information to GasSavers.org, you hereby waive any privacy expectations that you may have with respect to any such photo or information submitted by you to GasSavers.org.

You hereby agree to hold GasSavers.org and its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees sponsors and assigns harmless from and against, and hereby waive any right to pursue, any claims of any nature arising in connection with the inclusion in, publication via or display on any GasSavers.org affiliated site, or any other use authorized under these Terms, of any photo or information submitted to GasSavers.org by you;

Photos or information submitted by you to the Site shall be the property of GasSavers.org, and GasSavers.org shall have no obligation to preserve, return or otherwise make available to you or others any photos or information so submitted.

4. Awarding Prizes
Winners are solely responsible for all taxes and/or fees that may be incurred.

Each prizewinner must supply GasSavers.org with his/her legal name, mailing address, birth date, daytime and nighttime telephone numbers.

Winners may not request substitutions of prize winnings. All winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees, and all such additional costs that may be incurred.

Neither GasSavers nor employees of GasSavers.org or sponsors may be held liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of usage of any winners of a prize once possession has been taken of the product by winner. GasSavers.org is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with or resulting from any contest promoted by GasSavers.org.

If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, GasSavers.org may substitute a prize of like or equal value.

GasSavers.org reserves the right to alter any rules of any contest at anytime. If you have any questions or complaints about a GasSavers.org contest, please contact contest AT gassavers.org
Depending on the success and participation of this contest there will be many more to follow.

JanGeo 09-22-2006 06:17 PM

My signature on ScionLife . . . which apparently appears in ALL my posts new and old.

kickflipjr 09-22-2006 07:31 PM

so no spam, defacement of property, or graffiti :(

I will see what I can do. The game is on!

BumblingB 09-22-2006 07:55 PM

WooHoo, I've got GasSavers stickers on two cars!

ketel0ne 09-22-2006 09:01 PM

Count me in.

FormulaTwo 09-22-2006 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kickflipjr
so no spam, defacement of property, or graffiti :(

I will see what I can do. The game is on!

well that just takes all the fun away.

Matt Timion 09-22-2006 11:26 PM

As the post mentions, please keep track of everything you do. I will send each of you a private message telling you how to report your accomplishments.

I will be keeping a spreadsheet of all of the links/images/etc. you send me. On December 1st, I will verify the links and remove any that no longer exist.

Check your private messages soon.

onegammyleg 09-22-2006 11:55 PM

Bring it on !

GasSavers_Diemaster 09-23-2006 08:42 PM

what the hell i'll join ;)

i got a link on honda-tech and all my other sites i'm part of and on my website.

SVOboy 09-24-2006 07:15 AM

Hmm, mehbe I'll poke into this as well, :p