Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   What Do You Do To Pay The Bills? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/what-do-you-do-to-pay-the-bills-3005.html)

GasSavers_brick 09-24-2006 04:07 PM

I'm a mechanical engineer in the nuclear power industry. Say what you want, but I believe that it has been a good way to direct my efforts for the last 2+ years. I came along at just the right time, as the next 10-15 years are going to be extremely interesting.

The Toecutter 09-24-2006 04:27 PM

The old Chinese curse comes to mind, "May you live in interesting times."

Things could get interesting indeed.

BumblingB 09-24-2006 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Toecutter
The old Chinese curse comes to mind, "May you live in interesting times."

I've never heard that one. I count the days until my life becomes less interesting.................

omgwtfbyobbq 09-24-2006 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brick
Say what you want, but I believe that it has been a good way to direct my efforts for the last 2+ years.

Why would you say that about your involvement in nuclear power?

Edit- Oh yeah, I'm currently not working as a profeshunal slacker.

onegammyleg 09-25-2006 12:12 AM

Hi kickflipjr - ?The stuff I did was simple. bend, glue (melt together with acid), put rubber feet on it, and put it in a box.?

Well ,,thats experience that I havent had b4 ,I didnt know they glue with acid, and even if it was a bit boring ,, now you KNOW how to do something.

Well done.

GasSavers_DaX 09-26-2006 04:33 AM

I work as the sole manufacturing engineer for a small biomedical company in Atlanta, GA called SaluMedica (www.salumedica.com). We make cutting edge biomedical products from Salubria biomaterial.

Our current product line consists of SaluBridge and SaluCartilage. SaluBridge provides a protective environment for peripheral nerve repair after injury. SaluCartilage is an implant for replacing worn articular cartilage in the knees for "total-knee" candidates. Our product is best because it is less invasive and it restores mobility and relieves joint pain with a very quick recovery period post surgery, unlike getting a total-knee. Of course there are many more breakthrough products in the R&D pipeline, but I am not at a liberty to discuss those.

I started as the draftsman and moved up to technician. Both of these positions I held while attending college @ Georgia Tech. I finally became the manufacturing engineer after getting my BSME. I draft using the most current release from SolidWorks.

I'm supposed to be closing on my first home in two days!

rh77 09-26-2006 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaX
I work as the sole manufacturing engineer for a small biomedical company in Atlanta, GA called SaluMedica (www.salumedica.com). We make cutting edge biomedical products from Salubria biomaterial.

Our current product line consists of SaluBridge and SaluCartilage. SaluBridge provides a protective environment for peripheral nerve repair after injury. SaluCartilage is an implant for replacing worn articular cartilage in the knees for "total-knee" candidates. Our product is best because it is less invasive and it restores mobility and relieves joint pain with a very quick recovery period post surgery, unlike getting a total-knee. Of course there are many more breakthrough products in the R&D pipeline, but I am not at a liberty to discuss those.

I started as the draftsman and moved up to technician. Both of these positions I held while attending college @ Georgia Tech. I finally became the manufacturing engineer after getting my BSME. I draft using the most current release from SolidWorks.

Congrats Dax! Over the last year, we've been seeing you grow in your career and in life. Congrats on the home too! Best of luck to ya...

Also, Keep up what you're doing because I'm likely going to need some of your products down the road :rolleyes:

RH77

thisisntjared 09-26-2006 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaX

SCORE!!! now your set for life and if you mess up your knee real bad playing football or whatever you will have the materials for free too!

seriously though, congrats man, the first house is a big step and my next one.