Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   YAY! The fit is here! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/yay-the-fit-is-here-3165.html)

JanGeo 10-21-2006 01:34 AM

Ouch but my shopping for Hondas always indicated high prices . . . the engine has to break in for some time to get you the higher mileage and that takes NO PUSHING IT for a while! And contrary to high mileage driving practices down shift and use engine braking to lube the upper rings.

Welcome to the New Car Club!

Compaq888 10-21-2006 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion
I think that's Storm Silver.

Looks like 50mpg might be a little more work than I thought, but I still think it's doable. My driving today was around 39MPG (for all day), but I seem to get better MPG in the city due to slower speeds and various driving techniques.

I'd love to get an iDSI engine, but I'm not going to cross my fingers any time soon.

After accessories, taxes, DMV fees,and hidden dealer fees, it was around $18k. I was financed at 6.2%, so the payments are going to be okay.

I thought with the SG I would get 50mpg. Even 45mpg is not possible. I need aero mods.

MetroMPG 10-21-2006 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compaq888
I thought with the SG I would get 50mpg. Even 45mpg is not possible.

Wanna bet?

Matt Timion 10-21-2006 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compaq888
I thought with the SG I would get 50mpg. Even 45mpg is not possible. I need aero mods.

I just love how you declare what is impossible like some royal decree.

If MetroMPG can break 70mpg in his Metro, I can definately break 50mpg in my Fit... maybe not consistantly, but it can be done.

Compaq888 10-21-2006 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion
I just love how you declare what is impossible like some royal decree.

If MetroMPG can break 70mpg in his Metro, I can definately break 50mpg in my Fit... maybe not consistantly, but it can be done.

I can break 50mpg without a problem, at NIGHT. If my mom's car can average 53MPG then I'm sure mine will do the same or better.

During the day it's a different story. I can't accelarate how I want, I can't coast in gear. There is always somebody that rides my bumper. I had more than 3 occasions where other drivers almost slammed into the back of my car because they thought I was going to keep my accelaration.

Whenever I coast in gear somebody cuts right in front of me and I have to slam on my brakes. This happens every god damn day!!!!!!

I'm not the problem here, my car works marvelous. It's the other people that make saving fuel an ordeal. My mom said the same thing. We know her civic can do 53mpg but all she gets is 28mpg.

If I would of lived in the middle of nowhere I'm sure I would of been putting out 50mpg+ tanks.

Metro has done more to his car than I did. There are some huge differences between our cars. He has a 1.0 liter engine. He has a lot of aero mods, his car weighs at least 500lbs less than mine. He might live in an area where the area is more MPG friendly.

Location and time of day make a huge difference in MPG

thisisntjared 10-21-2006 01:43 PM

how we talking about c-paq. this is about the fit!!!! ease up on talking about yourself.