Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Launch day issues and a quick FAQ (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/launch-day-issues-and-a-quick-faq-34.html)

mathowie 08-08-2008 01:05 AM

Launch day issues and a quick FAQ

We've launched! And we have bugs! And we have to get on a plane so it'll be a day or two! Full details and Frequently Asked Questions inside.

- We've been featured on a lot of blogs today (thanks Lifehacker!) and we just crested our first thousand users, so welcome!

- Metric!: We will shortly (hopefully by the end of the day) allow you to set km as distances instead of miles and liters instead of gallons (and we'll add imperial gallons and L/100km type calculations as well).

- Motorcycles/scooters!: By early next week we should have a way to enter in your year, make, and model of two-wheeled vehicle, and we'll use submitted data to build up a database of all known bikes being ridden out there.

- My car/model/engine isn't listed: By next week we should have ways to enter in data that is outside the bounds of what we list (we started with a somewhat complete list of cars available in the US).

- Locations of fuel-ups? Highway vs. City estimates? Prices in something other than US dollars? Email/SMS input? Upload API?: Yep, we've gotten a ton of great ideas that we'd like to also add in the next week or two and these will be some of them. We have a complete running list of major features we're still working on in a previous post.

If you have any other questions or suggestions for data you'd like to see (especially in non-US countries -- how does your country typically report fuel economy?) drop them in here.

neuro 08-08-2008 02:38 AM

Don't forget UK: fuel sales in litres, consumption in miles per UK gallon :)

silente 08-08-2008 03:07 AM

Wish we could post more than ONE post per WEEK to what is supposed to be a FORUM. What's up with that. It's a forum. There won't be much discourse if you restrict to one entry per week. Just a friendly suggestion. Happy launch day!

(e)

silente 08-08-2008 03:23 AM

PS - The iPhone interface is a little messed up as well. The input fields are HAH-YUGE and go off the screen to the left when in portrait mode. In landscape mode the fields fit but the header is shrunken. FYI from one webdeveloper to another. :)

(e)

silente 08-08-2008 03:28 AM

Okay. Sorry. Last one and I'm done for today. :) Clicking my car in the iPhone entry page gave me a 404. BTW - LOVE the 404 page. everyone should see it, just once.

(e)

BlueSubaru 08-08-2008 03:43 AM

Need a way to import my 8 year fuel history. No way I'm going to retype it all....

ebrandeis 08-08-2008 04:01 AM

I noticed a user with the same type of car as mine with wildly varying statistics (e.g. impossible >1000 miles / tank fill ups, etc.). Will there be a way to flag users who enter impossible data to keep the numbers more accurate? The statistics here could start influencing purchase decisions eventually and bad data would be a terrible thing in that case.

duganj 08-08-2008 04:17 AM

I noticed that when I entered a fill-up on the date of 1/1/2008 it was not counted as being part of my 2008 total $ spent. Changed to 1/2/2008 and it was. Might be a slight bug.

Thanks.

cjkline83 08-08-2008 04:44 AM

Not sure if this has been posted before or not, but can you include support for TWITTER? I'm used to twittering status updates and a simple twitter input interface say: @fuelly 104.1 3.759 7.465 would represent how many miles I travelled, the price I paid for the gas, and how many gallons were purchased (MPG).

Dianoga 08-08-2008 05:18 AM

I like the twitter plan, but would prefer a direct message (so D fuelly 10473 3.79 9.887) in the MPG format (makes the order easy to remember).