Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Way OT: how to bypass countdown timer in GT4 driving missions? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/way-ot-how-to-bypass-countdown-timer-in-gt4-driving-missions-3479.html)

MetroMPG 12-13-2006 04:32 PM

Way OT: how to bypass countdown timer in GT4 driving missions?

I've been trying for a LONG time to win the final driving mission in GT4 - the one with the Mercedes SLR on the Nurburgring.

Does anyone know if there's a way to bypass the countdown timer while the slower cars head out? It's over 2 minutes, and it drives me nuts (considering the number of times I've watched it count down)!

If I can't bypass it, I'll just keep multitasking. Start the clock, then do something else for 2 minutes until I can drive... :confused:

thisisntjared 12-13-2006 04:51 PM

hahahahahahaha nope, but if it helps, i understand how you feel

MetroMPG 12-13-2006 04:53 PM

And did you eventually win? :)

18 seconds off the lead car is the best I've done yet.

thisisntjared 12-13-2006 05:02 PM

ill be doing that after i hit the 90% complete mark hahaha

i havent even tried yet. but i have been getting pretty good at the game.

MetroMPG 12-13-2006 05:09 PM

I accidentally erased my memory card at about 70% :) (power went out during a save)

So I started over, just focusing on the licences and driving missions. I'm all done except for this one.

thisisntjared 12-13-2006 05:15 PM

i would be so heated. i lost my memory card at 40% then started over and recently(worked back up to 60% on a new game) found the old one. i wish i had more time to keep playing... i probably put in 2 hours a month now....

how many times have you finished the challenge?

MetroMPG 12-13-2006 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thisisntjared
i lost my memory card at 40% then started over and recently(worked back up to 60% on a new game) found the old one.

Congratulations! That's 100% ;)

Quote:

how many times have you finished the challenge?
You mean the last driving mission?

thisisntjared 12-13-2006 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG
Congratulations! That's 100% ;)

if only the second half was easier... hahaha
Quote:

You mean the last driving mission?

yup, that track with that car with that handicap

MetroMPG 12-13-2006 05:34 PM

I guess I've done it a couple dozen times. If I really screw up, though I usually cancel and restart because it takes somewhere around 9 minutes to do the whole lap.

As a result I'm getting really good at the first third of the course. Not so good on the last third ;)

MetroMPG 12-13-2006 05:35 PM

The car itself is wicked fast, but pretty forgiving.

kickflipjr 12-13-2006 06:51 PM

I am at 92% The last few driving missions are just too hard.

MetroMPG 12-13-2006 06:59 PM

The New York classic Japanese mission stood out as a tough one. But the difficulty didn't go up evenly as I went through the list. Some were almost freebies, others not so much.

I'm down to a 16.x second difference in the last mission. Yay for OCD! :D

Enough for tonite.

MetroMPG 12-13-2006 07:00 PM

We should devise some kind of GT4 Prius driving FE competition.

thisisntjared 12-14-2006 02:33 PM

Quote:

We should devise some kind of GT4 Prius driving FE competition.

i am in

you say the alloud mods and the track and i am there.

MetroMPG 12-14-2006 03:17 PM

Crud. Just checked, and the Prius only shows instant FE on the display, so not much good for doing a MPG challenge.

But I'm down to 13 seconds behind the lead car in the last mission :)

tomauto 12-14-2006 05:37 PM

GT4 goodness...

I tried to get this one for a week in the spring.

...I'm still mad at that mercedes.

thisisntjared 12-14-2006 05:59 PM

Quote:

Crud. Just checked, and the Prius only shows instant FE on the display, so not much good for doing a MPG challenge.

But I'm down to 13 seconds behind the lead car in the last mission :)

i thought you mean time trials... 13seconds is getting better. youll be a master around the gring after this.

MetroMPG 12-16-2006 12:24 PM

Quote:

No, I was wrong. We can do this.

On the right of the Prius display, there's fuel used (I think). In metric it shows "cc". In imperial it shows "gal.".

So we just need to come up with a formula that rewards a combination of lowest time & lowest total fuel use. Easiest might be to multiply time against fuel used.

MetroMPG 12-17-2006 08:55 AM

Mercedes mission: 6.x seconds off the lead car ;)

thisisntjared 12-17-2006 05:20 PM

Quote:

Mercedes mission: 6.x seconds off the lead car ;)

NICE!!!!

i think we should do 20 laps in the prius and see whos tank is the most full. time is irrelevant if we are measuring fuel economy.

my strategy: no power mods, suspension, and top gear driving with economy tires just to maintain speed, with, of course, a fresh oil change.

MetroMPG 12-17-2006 05:38 PM

OK. Have a favourite track? Maybe we should start with 10 laps on something short. Economy driving the Prius is SLOW. :)

In the event of a tie, lowest time wins.

Car mods: let's just make sure we're using the same exact car. If you mod stuff, just let me know what you did so I can do exactly the same thing.

MetroMPG 12-19-2006 06:37 PM

4.8 seconds ... & diminishing returns.

kickflipjr 12-19-2006 06:49 PM

Speaking of Nurburgring...

A top gear video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrpgrHJJGek

thisisntjared 12-20-2006 02:47 PM

Quote:

Car mods: let's just make sure we're using the same exact car. If you mod stuff, just let me know what you did so I can do exactly the same thing.

if thats the case then bone stock from the factory, oil change only.

MetroMPG 12-20-2006 04:02 PM

Here's a potential glitch: how are we going to time multiple laps? I've only seen the timer do individual laps, with the best lap saved in the top right.

If we can't work around that, then we can just pick a long course like the N-ring.

thisisntjared 12-20-2006 05:14 PM

Quote:

If we can't work around that, then we can just pick a long course like the N-ring.

sounds good for now. i bet i could find a way around it though, whether its through practice, family cup, or whatever.

anyway the gring sounds good, but i do have to head out to the inlaws for christmas and wont be back until thursday...

MetroMPG 12-26-2006 10:35 AM

Merry Christmas to me!

I just beat that final driving mission. Before which the closest I got was 2.x seconds behind the lead car a couple of times.

I won in dramatic style: I lost control under braking at high speed in the final S turns, spun out and hit the wall hard going backwards just behind the lead car in the 90 degree turn before the pit entrance. Fortunately, the game doesn't penalize hits on the BACK end of the car, just the front! So I had enough time to compose myself and chase the leader through the last 2 corners, beating him to the finish by half a second. :D

OK, so not a "clean" win, but it works for me.

No more painful 120 second waits...