Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   new owner of a 88 crx si (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/new-owner-of-a-88-crx-si-3579.html)

pyramid_head 01-02-2007 10:15 PM

I guess i'll keep looking around. i really don't trust ebay that much anyways. $350 is also too much for a d15z1. maybe i can find it cheaper elsewhere. how much do hf transmissions run for? lol... i might be able to get it for free some where or just trade in my si's for an hf tranny. hmmm... i might be able to trade in my ecu for a p07... double hmmm... then again, i'm better off selling them.

GasSavers_Ryland 01-02-2007 10:17 PM

from what I can tell, the D15B 3 stage V-tec, is the first two stages of a D15Z1, and then a 3rd stage that kicks in at around 5,000 or 5,500rpm (if you have the computer) other then that it's pretty much the same block, altho the intake is larger to alow for the higher revs, and I suspect the exaust is a little larger as well.

SVOboy 01-02-2007 10:21 PM

You can get good coin for the si tranny, and my hf tranny was free, so look to pay at most 50 bucks for one.

pyramid_head 01-02-2007 10:31 PM

i think it also has an si head with a wild-cam (aka the hot cam) available only in japan, but i'd rather sacrifice the extra 36 hp just to get more mpg. the swap sounds tempting, but i know i'll be punching it left and right. To me, those days are over with. i'm getting old and i need something more mellow, more frugal in FE to move me around. having that power at my disposal will just be a waste of gas. it's time for me to step down and actually care about the environment and driving habits. after all... driving habits are contagious ;)

pyramid_head 01-02-2007 10:38 PM

a free hf tranny? you're so lucky. nothing is for free now-a-days. then again it's also not impossible since racers swap them out left and right.

How much money do you think i can get for my si tranny/ecu?

SVOboy 01-02-2007 10:38 PM

Yeah, I think the d15b 3 stage has the y8/y5 head casting. Not 100% sure, but probably.

SVOboy 01-02-2007 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyramid_head
a free hf tranny? you're so lucky. nothing is for free now-a-days. then again it's also not impossible since racers swap them out left and right.

How much money do you think i can get for my si tranny/ecu?

I'm somewhat known around here for getting everything for free. I'm very patient and jump on opportunities when I see them.

Anyway, si tranny might be worth 100-200, depending on mileage/condition. ECU prolly only 30 bucks or so. OBD0 boo, :p

GasSavers_Ryland 01-02-2007 10:47 PM

place an ad on craigs list and so on, maybe with an offer of trade or sell/buy for parts you are looking for.
I found my hf engine bolted to a hf tranny thru an ad on Redpepperracing.com, the engine was free, the tranny was $40, and they came with boxes full of all those little emision parts and so on, it was great.

pyramid_head 01-02-2007 10:47 PM

hmmm.. not even half of what a D15z1 is going for. i guess patience will be a virtue when it comes to this swap. i live in L.A. and nippon motors may be kind enough to reduce the price for a z1 if i negotiate and pick it up myself (fingers crossed.

SVOboy 01-02-2007 10:50 PM

A z1 may just pop up, but the good thing about nippon is you're getting a low mileage engine with all the stuff attached to it, including sensors and manifolds and such.