Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Do gals not want to save gas? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/do-gals-not-want-to-save-gas-3689.html)

zpiloto 01-18-2007 02:38 PM

Do gals not want to save gas?

I was looking at the Frappr and it was all guy and no gals. Are there any gals registered here as GS? No I'm not stalking.:p

SVOboy 01-18-2007 03:11 PM

Jenny!

I don't know, I feel a deep gender bias in the room *eerienoises*

MetroMPG 01-18-2007 03:44 PM

I've wondered about the paucity of femaleness too. I don't know the answer, but here's some more evidence:
  • There is exactly one (1) woman who posts occasionally on the EV discussion list.
  • I think CleanMPG has a few more females registered, but only one regular participant that I'm aware of.

Silveredwings 01-18-2007 03:58 PM

Quote:

Do gals not want to save gas?
I think they do but may be more inclined to wait for a turnkey solution as opposed to doing what many regulars here do. :confused:

Ted Hart 01-19-2007 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silveredwings (Post 38194)
I think they do but may be more inclined to wait for a turnkey solution as opposed doing to what many regulars here do. :confused:

Ah! The proverbial "turnkey solution"! MPG and "turnkey" don't get along (barring kryptonite!) :D

jwxr7 01-19-2007 06:07 AM

Yeah, my wife refuses to drive a stick and won't slow down on the highway to save gas (not that that she speeds or anything). Those are two big things that could save gas. Generally she would rather have comfort and convenience than conservation and that is seen around the house too. It seems like we cancel each other out; I get 50 + mpg with my car, she gets 22-23 with her 98 taurus 24v v6. I try to conserve power and fuel around the house and she burns that much more:rolleyes: . At least she will feed the wood stove when I'm at work to save some fuel in the winter :thumbup:
I still love her :D

jwxr7 01-19-2007 06:18 AM

We've talked about the next car we should get her. Of course no stick shifts always comes up. The Prius might be a good choice for her. That would be the best mpg auto trans car I know of.

GasSavers_DaX 01-19-2007 06:55 AM

I think it comes down to the absence of women wrenching in general. Let's face it - Honda-Tech is a sausage fest too.

My wife OCCASIONALLY tries to employ some FE conscious driving techniques she picked up from me. At least she comes to me excited when she gets over 400 miles per tank.

GasSavers_Jack 01-19-2007 09:47 AM

Let see.... My wife drives a 2005 Honda Pilot. Still jackrabbit starts off at green lights. Still has here foot on the gas until the last second before she needs to brake for turns or lights. Has no problem letting the car idle with the defroster running on max instead of scraping. But when it comes to taking the kids somewhere or having to go get something she becomes VERY fuel conscious and tells me to go because I get better gas mileage. But as stated before I still lover her too.

SVOboy 01-19-2007 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theclencher (Post 38221)
Women view the gas and brake pedals as on/off switches. Someone already said it, they are all about comfort and convenience. Besides actually thinking about driving might cut into their cell phone conversations.

I would hate to see an earnest question turn into a chauvinism competition. Did we forget that men are, by far, the more dangerous drivers?