Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   Greetings from Laredo Texas! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/greetings-from-laredo-texas-3892.html)

civicduty_ 02-14-2007 12:31 PM

Greetings from Laredo Texas!

Hi my name is Abraham and I drive an Ej6 Honda Civic hatchback Dx. I'm a moderator for www.laredoperformance.com, a technical forum geared primarily for autocross and 1/4mile performance. I live in a town where the majority of ppl drive as if their lives depended on speeding but finally, there are others like me. I'm glad to know that I am not the only patient driver around wishing to improve even the slightest gains in FE. I've been reading a great deal of information in this forum for sometime now and enjoy the informative material. I'm interested in the technical info enough to want to try them on my car, the Hatch of Doom. Love the site, keep the info coming! :D

rh77 02-14-2007 02:02 PM

Welcome

Welcome to GasSavers.

If you haven't already, take a look at the "Busted and Confirmed Mods" sections to see what works. Driving technique is also something to master for better economy.

Enjoy! :thumbup:

RH77

civicduty_ 02-14-2007 04:01 PM

^ Actually I have but thank you very much for taking the time, shows appreciation for the users inquiry. I stumbled upon this website through this exact link right here. I was inquiring about block heaters and their benefits over idle warming an engine and I must say that i'm glad I found this forum. I'm looking forward to posting results on my experiments here to share soon enough. Thnx again friends.

Hockey4mnhs 02-14-2007 06:55 PM

I think i mite of found this sight threw metro to

rh77 02-14-2007 09:22 PM

Metro's Site + My Civic

Quote:

Originally Posted by civicduty_ (Post 40772)
^ Actually I have but thank you very much for taking the time, shows appreciation for the users inquiry. I stumbled upon this website through this exact link right here. I was inquiring about block heaters and their benefits over idle warming an engine and I must say that i'm glad I found this forum. I'm looking forward to posting results on my experiments here to share soon enough. Thnx again friends.

MetroMPG has referred a lot of users here -- we're lucky to have him!

civicduty_: I bought a new '99 Civic Si and it was the best car I've owned. I traded it on an '03 Evo (lots of fun - but a bit of a mistake).

Nice choice with going with the Si wheels and front end. (Man I miss that car)...

Seriously though, if you have any questions about mods or driving style, that's why this forum's here -- we're here to help.

RH77

kwtorbe 02-15-2007 09:51 AM

Welcome. I drive a civic too, and I am currently in Houston, Texas for a co-op term. Mine's a '97 civic HX that looks like a turd compared to yours. The FE thing I am looking for is a 92-95 civic vx or cx transmission. It is geared for highway and I believe it will make the biggest improvement in FE for a civic. I'm sure you've read about that though....