Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   Hello - "Sippin it in a PT Cruiser" (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/hello-sippin-it-in-a-pt-cruiser-4044.html)

EHRGEIZ 03-11-2007 09:55 PM

Hello - "Sippin it in a PT Cruiser"

Hello all!
This is a great and informative site! It is great to see others who aspire to acheive the greatest mileage out of their vehicle! I thought I may have been the only one of our kind - sometimes it appears that way based on the way many people drive out here in CA.
I sip gas to save money as well as wear and tear on my vehicle. Saves brakes, tires, transmissions, and hopefully will add some useful miles to my PT's life. Also saves on speeding tickets too - unless you coast down that hill just a little too fast!
I would like to see what some of the other PT owners in the forum are doing to improve mileage as well. As you can see from my garage entry, I don't have many mods to my PT - mostly stock, but it seems to get pretty fair mileage with a little effort. I run a bottle of injector cleaner every other tank or so to keep atomization up, I keep tires inflated and air filter clean. Thats it for now.
In my short time here, I have already learned some new tricks to improve FE. Keep up the good work.

Peakster 03-11-2007 10:06 PM

Welcome to the site. You have a nice vehicle and very impressive mileage so far (expecially without a ScanGauge!). Is your PT a manual transmission?

cfg83 03-11-2007 10:33 PM

Hi EHRGEIZ -

I think you are the first PT Cruiser, but depending on your model, you may have some drivetrain components in common with Dodge Neon's right? I know there is at least one Neon here.

CarloSW2

Matt Timion 03-11-2007 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfg83 (Post 43569)
Hi EHRGEIZ -

I think you are the first PT Cruiser, but depending on your model, you may have some drivetrain components in common with Dodge Neon's right? I know there is at least one Neon here.

CarloSW2

there have actually been two PT Cruisers on this site before... but I don't think they've been here for over a year.

Welcome EHRGEIZ!

korax123 03-12-2007 12:43 PM

Welcome and have fun.

ELF 03-12-2007 03:08 PM

Welcome EHRGEIZ, is your PT a manual or auto? Your doing pretty darn good mpg wise. I know some people with PT's they average in the low 20's and only about 25/26 on the hwy.

EHRGEIZ 03-12-2007 09:47 PM

Thankfully, the PT is a manual five speed. It coasts pretty well and there are a few good coasting hills on my way to and from work... the speed limit is 50mph and 55 on most other roads around where I drive. I think I have the terrain figured out at least where I normally drive. If I were to do all highway I think I would get around 27-28 or so...

She treats me pretty well.

Peakster 03-12-2007 10:03 PM

Awesome stuff! Do you think you might start to do some minor modifications any time soon to the PT? You could be an uber-hypermiler in no time!