Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Hypermiling (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f33/)
-   -   Hypermiler? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f33/hypermiler-4406.html)

jdham137 04-27-2007 06:53 PM

Hypermiler?

What does it take to reach hypermiler status and how does one get the tag in the body of the post if they reach that milestone?

LxMike 04-28-2007 05:09 AM

30% over epa combined. then you can go into your "garage" and copy whats in box at bottom and then go to your control panel and past it into your sig and will show when you post.

Peakster 04-28-2007 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LxMike (Post 49443)
30% over epa combined.

I thought it was only 20% since my Geo hasn't hit 30% yet.

LxMike 04-28-2007 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peakster (Post 49450)
I thought it was only 20% since my Geo hasn't hit 30% yet.

your right! I was thinking of the post about the new lower epa rating and that someone suggested maybe making it 30% to make hypermiler status since with the lower rating it make it easier to reach it.

rvanengen 04-29-2007 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LxMike (Post 49456)
your right! I was thinking of the post about the new lower epa rating and that someone suggested maybe making it 30% to make hypermiler status since with the lower rating it make it easier to reach it.

Might not be a bad idea to raise the bar a bit...just entered a couple gas log entries for my wife's Taurus wagon on our highway trip and it hit hypermiler by only getting 1 mpg over EPA highway. Only things I have done to achieve that was synthetic oil and setting the cruise control at the speed limit the entire trip. :-)

Is there a way to also make Hypermiler be dependant on a larger sample of gas log entries, or have a rating to perhaps do 50% city?

Zvolen 04-30-2007 09:27 AM

While we are on this topic, how do I even get the log to appear on the bottom of my post that states my mph and %?

Matt Timion 04-30-2007 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zvolen (Post 49700)
While we are on this topic, how do I even get the log to appear on the bottom of my post that states my mph and %?

The code to do that is on your garage page.

Put that code in your signature, which you can change using hte "UserCP" tab on the top.

Zvolen 04-30-2007 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion (Post 49702)
The code to do that is on your garage page.

Put that code in your signature, which you can change using hte "UserCP" tab on the top.

Wow, easier than I thought. Thanks for the help.

Not sure I should post my stats since they seem so low -- Oh well gives me a chance to see my progress.

Thanks again

--Z

Entered my new gaslog entry and I went from under EPA to 11% over thanks to a good tank. Never thought I would get 35+

rvanengen 04-30-2007 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zvolen (Post 49712)
Wow, easier than I thought. Thanks for the help.

Not sure I should post my stats since they seem so low -- Oh well gives me a chance to see my progress.

Thanks again

--Z

Entered my new gaslog entry and I went from under EPA to 11% over thanks to a good tank. Never thought I would get 35+

I wouldn't worry...I am sure that once my wife starts driving the Taurus again, that it will drop out of hypermiler quickly enough. :-) Perhaps I can use that to help encourage her to be lighter on the gas pedal...I can hope, can't I?

GasSavers_rGS 06-13-2007 12:26 AM

In the garage for my car, I'm using the "old" EPA mpg figures because my car model is older than 2008. Would it be considered cheating if I changed my EPA mpg values from the "old" (pre-2008) EPA mpg to the "new" (2008+) EPA mpg?