Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   So I almost died last night.... (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/so-i-almost-died-last-night-4585.html)

repete86 05-20-2007 12:17 PM

So I almost died last night....

Last night, a friend was giving me a ride home from a gathering at a nudist camp out in the middle of a cypress preserve, when he decided that he should drive down the road really fast. The road had alot of mounds of dirt in order to fill in the holes, which made going up to 70 really stupid. The fact that Matt has no experience with rallycross didn't help much either. Anyway, there's a spot where on the left side of the road there are two mounds. Matt was driving down the center of the road, swerved to miss the second one, oversteered, then hit the second one with his front left tire. The next thing I knew, the car was in the air, and upside down. It landed upside down and I hit my head really badly on the door. When this happened, the class sunroof was ripped off by the force of the impact, so the second time it came around, I hit my head on the ground (I'm still picking twigs and grass out of my hair). After that it rolled one more time during which I was holding onto the "Oh shyte" handle for dear life, which pulled my shoulder really hard (I can barely move my left arm because of something being fncked up in my shoulder). The car then flipped another 1/4 spin and landed sideways. My face is pretty *beep* up right now, my shoulder hurts so badly that I can barely get out of bed, and my back feels like it's bent in a million pieces, but for some reason, it's nothing serious. I think that it's just really bad whiplash from all of the impacts. I didn't even bother to see a doctor or go to the hospital. I think I'm immortal.

Luckily, it was his Izuzu gas guzzler that was destroyed. The Green Machine is fine.

SVOboy 05-20-2007 12:33 PM

Wow, I'm glad you're okay!

Compaq888 05-20-2007 12:55 PM

you should seriously see a doctor. It might get worse. After something like that I go to the emergency room.

repete86 05-20-2007 01:00 PM

Nah, all that they'll do is prescribe some anti-inflammatory and pain medication after I spend $300 on a visit. Pain I can deal with, and I've been taking alot of aleve. Nothing is broken, so there isn't really anything else that they can do.

Matt Timion 05-20-2007 01:04 PM

glad you're okay. Hopefully your friend will think about possible outcomes of his actions in the future next time.

MnFocus 05-20-2007 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compaq888 (Post 52000)
you should seriously see a doctor. It might get worse. After something like that I go to the emergency room.

Glad you are "ok" BUT ...
This is some seriously good advice for a potentially serious condition . From experience I can tell you you are *not* immortal and 10 years from now you'll feel each and every one of those 'bent in a million pieces' . At the very least get yourself checked out! Just sayin ...

repete86 05-20-2007 01:50 PM

If I don't start feeling better tomorrow, I'm going to go to see a doctor, but I'm going to avoid it if I can.

thisisntjared 05-20-2007 02:23 PM

you arent immortal. definitely go see a doctor. you dont have health insurance??

no offense to you but, your friend is a tool bag and what he did is really dumb. its a good thing that, to the best of your knowledge, you are not seriously injured.

zpiloto 05-20-2007 02:25 PM

Yea definately go see a doctor. Back injuries or nothing to play around with. Were you wearing your seatbelt? Gald you're OK.

Peakster 05-20-2007 02:43 PM

Nasty! I hope you get better soon :o