Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   GasSavers Blogs now online! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/gassavers-blogs-now-online-4862.html)

Matt Timion 06-07-2007 09:10 AM

GasSavers Blogs now online!

I'm thrilled to announce GasSavers Blogs, found at www.gassavers.net

The site is connected only in name to gassavers.org, but will serve a similar purpose.

Create an account, blog, and get readers.

There are a lot of exciting options for that site, including creating communities, RSS feeds, and other little gems we've yet to discover.

I will be adding a feature in the next week that will automatically display your vehicle's fuel economy statistics when someone views your blogs.

MetroMPG 06-07-2007 09:23 AM

Nice work Matt. Anyone thinking of doing their own site now has an easy platform to do it.

Matt Timion 06-07-2007 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 55773)
Nice work Matt. Anyone thinking of doing their own site now has an easy platform to do it.

that's the idea. Hopefully it'll be used too.

Suggestions always welcome :)

Gary Palmer 06-07-2007 09:26 AM

I hate to display my technical illeteracy, but what is a blog?

Matt Timion 06-07-2007 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Palmer (Post 55776)
I hate to display my technical illeteracy, but what is a blog?

A blog is a "web log"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog

GasSavers_TomO 06-07-2007 10:52 AM

I just set up my blog and the VX Owners Community. Thanks a ton, Matt. This is going to make it sooo easy for me to gather all my info on the VX and other honda cars into one nice neat package.

Matt Timion 06-07-2007 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomO (Post 55793)
I just set up my blog and the VX Owners Community. Thanks a ton, Matt. This is going to make it sooo easy for me to gather all my info on the VX and other honda cars into one nice neat package.

Just don't be neglecting the forums in the process, eh? ;)

GasSavers_TomO 06-07-2007 11:17 AM

You won't have to worry about that...I've never blog'd before so I don't plan on being there all the time, lol. I'll more than likely share the info between here and there.

zpiloto 06-07-2007 05:22 PM

I guess you have to be a registered user to be able to post a comment to the blogs? Can you register and not have a blog?

MnFocus 06-07-2007 05:24 PM

Other blogs allow 'reg without blog' for comments and such . There is sometimes a delay for the blogger to approve comments but no big deal usually .

Matt Timion 06-07-2007 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zpiloto (Post 55862)
I guess you have to be a registered user to be able to post a comment to the blogs? Can you register and not have a blog?

yeah, you need an account to post a comment. I set it up this way to prevent spammers from spamming the hell out of blogs.

and you can have an account without having a blog.

kickflipjr 06-07-2007 08:32 PM

I just registered. I may make a blog later when I have the time.

Matt Timion 06-07-2007 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kickflipjr (Post 55897)
I just registered. I may make a blog later when I have the time.

Just saw that! Would love it if we got a few regular writers.

kickflipjr 06-07-2007 09:53 PM

You need a button on the gassavers.org main page.

zpiloto 06-08-2007 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kickflipjr (Post 55918)
You need a button on the gassavers.org main page.

There is a tab at the top of the menu pages that says blogs next to the garage tab.

Matt Timion 06-08-2007 09:52 AM

glad to see so many of you guys online. In a few weeks I might start a contest to see who can have the most readers to their blog.

A Scangauge or SuperMID would be a good prize :)

GasSavers_TomO 06-13-2007 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion (Post 56008)
glad to see so many of you guys online. In a few weeks I might start a contest to see who can have the most readers to their blog.

A Scangauge or SuperMID would be a good prize :)

Woot! That would be awesome as that would be about the only way I could ever get a SuperMID, lol.

Matt Timion 06-14-2007 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomO (Post 57485)
Woot! That would be awesome as that would be about the only way I could ever get a SuperMID, lol.

then it shall be done :P

Seriously though, as soon as iget everything squared away with the software, the contests shall begin.

BTW, you can blog now all you want. I'm just working on the front page, the theme, and possibly the addition of google adsense for the bloggers. Maybe you can make a little money on your own site :)

Matt Timion 06-14-2007 07:53 AM

Just added the ability for bloggers to display their own adsense code. To do so, go to your admin control panel. Then click on options->mightyadsense

If you do not have an adsense account yet, I will soon provide a link for you to get one.

SVOboy 06-14-2007 08:06 AM

You're crazy!

GasSavers_TomO 06-14-2007 09:12 AM

I love you Matt, but purely in the plutonical sense. :thumbup:

If I could WIN a SuperMID, the wife can't complain that I spent money, lol. And with the adsense I could make a few pennies as well. Very nice, Matt!

OdieTurbo 06-14-2007 09:21 AM

Dude! It's down! I get this error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/exmo/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/recent.php on line 77

Matt Timion 06-14-2007 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy (Post 57570)
You're crazy!

If it gets people to post, then so be it :)

I might change the code so that it displays my adsense code 10% or something, but I don't plan on that any time soon.

Matt Timion 06-14-2007 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OdieTurbo (Post 57578)
Dude! It's down! I get this error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/exmo/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/recent.php on line 77

Yeah, I was screwing with a custom plugin for the front page. You watched me debug in real time. :)

OdieTurbo 06-14-2007 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion (Post 57587)
Yeah, I was screwing with a custom plugin for the front page. You watched me debug in real time. :)

Dude yer messin' with my MIND!!! :thumbup:

OdieTurbo 06-14-2007 09:38 AM

What does this mean?

[#1: Edit Options>MightyAdsense>Adsense Code]

Matt Timion 06-14-2007 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OdieTurbo (Post 57592)
What does this mean?

[#1: Edit Options>MightyAdsense>Adsense Code]

that's basically instructinos on how to change the adsense code.

I changed it though so it isn't all ugly on the page like that. I will be modifying that plugin a bit to further explain how to get adsense yourself and start making a little money on your blog.