Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Bored.. (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/bored-5049.html)

baddog671 06-17-2007 07:37 AM

Bored..

Im bored, so I'll tell you all a short story..

Last night I was driving up this hill, steepest 2 mile incline around, and I had a VW on my ***. You could tell he wanted me to speed up becuase he was riding my *** pretty good but I couldnt, she was already screamin in 3rd. Most of it I was going about 35 in a 50. So, Im about to hit the top of the hill and the idiot come flying up real close and I was pissed by then so I smashed the brakes quickly and he had to have been within 5 feet or less. He then gave me lots of room for the rest of the trip which I drove normally due to downhill..

Moral, no, I CANT go any faster..

ELF 06-17-2007 07:47 AM

I can't tell you how many times I have been tempted to hit the brakes when I get one of those people that like to drive right on my tail.

Only my fear of higher insurance costs keeps me in line ;)

baddog671 06-17-2007 07:51 AM

If you get rearended, its their fault regardless if you hit the brakes or not.

Snax 06-17-2007 07:52 AM

I don't get upset about it or do anything drastic. If they are being overly antagonistic about it, I just slow down more. Not only does that encourage them to pass, but it improves their ability to accelerate and shortens the distance required to do it.

baddog671 06-17-2007 08:00 AM

This guy was being extra idiotic about it, I couldn't help myself :)

It was at night too, I could have claimed a deer ran out so I hit the brakes. He would have been charged with "unable to maintain safe driving distance" or "inability to handle vehicle". But, to justify myself, I don't do this all the time, this was just a rare occasion.

VetteOwner 06-17-2007 08:17 AM

lol i do it quite often. but if i know im gonna be moving slow ill throw on the hazards and usually it signals to em that "i cant go any faster" cuz they stay back.... its just when im going 55 and thier within 2 feet of my bumper that i get pissed. or when they take off behind meat a redlight and im moderately going but when i shift i dont accelerate and they usually are so they about rearend me...

Hockey4mnhs 06-17-2007 09:07 AM

yeah when they ride my a** i just keep my foot on the gas and with the outher foot tap the breaks just enough to get the lights to go on but not really aply the breaks. it usally works.

baddog671 06-17-2007 09:46 AM

I wish my car was actually worth something so if I got rearended they would have to buy me something new. Its not worth anything though so they would probably just total it and give a few hundred buck, right? Ive been in 2 other car crashes, not my fault, and they weren't turned into the insurance. Quarter panels crushed in...

MnFocus 06-17-2007 10:04 AM

The emergency flashers have been working like a charm for me ,besides any braking hurts FE . I'm even polite and start them before they reach tag reading range . Tailgaiting more than a 3/4 to 1 mile is aggressive driving in my eyes (prolly less to some peeps). No fault insurance = your fault just for being there .

baddog671 06-17-2007 10:11 AM

any braking hurts FE?? Not saying your wrong, but explain that to me.. Im a noob