Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   seafoam (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/seafoam-5099.html)

Hockey4mnhs 06-19-2007 08:03 PM

seafoam

anyone heard of it? I ran it threw my vacume hose and gastank and a little in the oil 2. do you think i will se some fe form it?

cfg83 06-19-2007 10:13 PM

Hockey4mnhs -

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey4mnhs (Post 59454)
anyone heard of it? I ran it threw my vacume hose and gastank and a little in the oil 2. do you think i will se some fe form it?

I have heard of it but haven't used it. I heard it's legendary for cleaning gunky engines.

Is your engine clean or gunky?

CarloSW2

Raccoonjoe 06-20-2007 03:29 AM

Don't know if you'll see FE from it, but I've used it with great success. It's always made my engine run/start smoother.....

psyshack 06-20-2007 03:49 AM

Ive used it on the Rangealturd before. Gas tank and induction system. I think its also used as a fuel stabilizer. Ive never put it in the crank case.

psy

VetteOwner 06-20-2007 11:08 AM

i just started using it. did wonderson my truck that has 137,000 miles on it. i dumped some in the crank case, took a "spirited" drive for about 5 miles then brought it back drove on the ramps and changed it . seemed to make some of my usually morning valve chatter go away, but that could have just been the new oil/filter. but i also dumped it down the brake booster line and let it sit for 5 minutes and went for another spirited drive with my awesome smoke cloud following me.

i dumped it down the carb in my chevette and it seemed to help a bit.
https://www.fuelly.com/attachments/fo...125c78585a.jpg

hehe it blew a perfect smoke ring and you can see each cylynder puff

Hockey4mnhs 06-20-2007 02:03 PM

lol mine wasent to dirty but i was hopen it would help

lca13 06-20-2007 02:46 PM

almost all I have read is positive. After I used it, the engine was much more responsive.... but I also added three beefed up ground wires to improve the ignition and injection (and the perf guys told me the better grounds would make the [positive change that I saw)..... So one or the other or both, but there was a big responsiveness difference in my engine.

brucepick 06-21-2007 02:05 PM

For a good procedure go to turbobricks.com and do a search in Forums for "Chinese water torture".

I did it about a month ago. Oil looked pretty nasty when I changed it after a very spirited drive. Don't know that it helped the FE any but cleaning out old bad stuff is generally a good thing

cfg83 06-21-2007 02:34 PM

lca13 -

Quote:

Originally Posted by lca13 (Post 59696)
almost all I have read is positive. After I used it, the engine was much more responsive.... but I also added three beefed up ground wires to improve the ignition and injection (and the perf guys told me the better grounds would make the [positive change that I saw)..... So one or the other or both, but there was a big responsiveness difference in my engine.

Where did you attach the ground wires? Do you have a picture?

CarloSW2

GasSavers_Dust 06-21-2007 07:21 PM

I have used it several times with good results. I have also used B-12 Chemtool, and even just plain water. The Seafoam will smoke because of an ingredient it contains, but just about any fluid will clean up. Last weekend I had a session with water, acetone, and some cheap gas cleaner fluid I found at the Costco last time I was there. (This is in Japan) The water and acetone caused an emulsion, and the cleaner floated at the top. The car sucked through the acetone/water without smoke, but when it got to the cleaner it started smoking like Seafoam does. Let it suck most of the cleaner out of the glass jar. Shut off the engine, but the hose I used was long enough that because it was above the vacuum port I used, it kept sucking the fluid and dieseling for over a minute after I turned off the ignition. If you are gonna try it, make sure your hose is short, and that you keep the container lower than the vacuum port if possible. After I was finished, it was almost impossible to get the car to ping. It took a big hill, low rpms, and a lot of throttle.