Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   I would like to introudce my self (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/i-would-like-to-introudce-my-self-5107.html)

popimp 06-20-2007 05:15 PM

Everyone is trying to help you out.

omgwtfbyobbq 06-20-2007 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bss (Post 59758)
so just because i talk a little **** and have some hopped up v8 cars/trucks, you all here dont have time of day to answer any questions i may have about my daily driver?

It has nothing to do about with owning anything hopped up. It's about coming over and trolling even though you probably know how to get better mileage out of your dd. And, for those things you may be fuzzy on or don't know, there's the "Search The Forums" link near the top of the page, which is besides the point since I already answered you initial post asking for help, but you ignored it. So, if you know how to hop up your own cars and ignore any responses to your questions about fuel economy, odds are you're trolling. If, for the hell of it, you aren't trolling, here is my advice again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bss
i know the feeling. my 96 gmc yukon on mud terrains only gets like 16 on the highway and 12 in the city. doesnt really matter if you run the a/c or not. but i use the hell out of it. wish it got better mileage. any ideas?

Older TD or gear down the OD and keep it at 55-65mph. Aero mods could help out too. But none of this will pay for itself unless you do the work yourself. AC won't matter in that size vehicle.

CoyoteX 06-20-2007 05:34 PM

Well seeing as how their is this huge influx of nuts coming on to this site you will have to forgive some of the people here getting tired of people trolling. Acting like you are doesn't help much either. So if you really want help just ignore anyone flaming you and keep on the subject of improving your mileage.

As far as your truck there is a lot of stuff you can do to improve it's mileage. First thing though is to get a baseline of how it is doing now. After you know your starting point you can try the simple stuff first like Acetone in the gas, Increased tire pressure, and basic weight reduction/cleaning out the junk. From there it really depends on what direction you are willing to go. Aero mods help a lot on the highway and modifying your driving style helps out anywhere you drive. More complicated stuff like engine mods are also a possibility.

This site is not like a lot of the automotive sites, money will not get you better mileage so no matter how much you are willing to spend there is just nothing you can really buy and bolt on. It is mainly a very do it yourself type of site. Also many of us on here are not doing the mileage thing to save money we are just bored with the racing nonsense that goes on in so many internet forums. So if you think improving a car to get better mileage is something that can be fun and you are willing to work on it then you will get a lot of benefit out of being here. To make things easier at the top of the screen where it says garage click on it and add your vehicles and gas logs on there. It will make things much easier for you to keep track of your modifications and give you a nice chart with your improvements.

popimp 06-20-2007 05:50 PM

Nicely said Coyote X

Rstb88 06-20-2007 07:26 PM

check out the hpjunkies webpage now. This is why I should become a lawyer.

KIDD 06-20-2007 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion (Post 59617)
and what does trolling and reporting back to your buddies on hpj have to do with saving gas?

the car is your ava., looks like a white turd....

carry on...

no wonder u guys are gay, what women in their right mind would ride with you?