Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Amazed by the SGII (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/amazed-by-the-sgii-5491.html)

GeekGuyAndy 07-21-2007 06:20 PM

Amazed by the SGII

So I did get the SG2, and I will soon be broke, but I am REALLY AMAZED by the results. I drove a 30 mile run at 40.0mpg (Suby is supposed to get 23mpg combined). My previous best was ~35 but that was on 200+ miles of driving. I'm pretty sure my next tank can get over 40mpg will my new P&G skills!
I still think it's way overpriced for a gadget, but I guess I was still suckered into it.:D

Time to change my goal!

MnFocus 07-21-2007 06:43 PM

:) You sound *so* disappointed ! ;)

rh77 07-21-2007 07:07 PM

SG-I vs SG-II

Dunno if anyone has a basis for comparison, but how does the SG-II stack up to the original?

My first-gen needs some repair after some excessive heat exposure, and I might end up getting a new one.

I travel quite a bit with the SG and hook it up to an average of 1-2 rental cars per week, so it has to be durable.

Any thoughts?

RH77

CO ZX2 07-21-2007 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rh77 (Post 64719)
Dunno if anyone has a basis for comparison, but how does the SG-II stack up to the original?

My first-gen needs some repair after some excessive heat exposure, and I might end up getting a new one.

I travel quite a bit with the SG and hook it up to an average of 1-2 rental cars per week, so it has to be durable.

Any thoughts?

RH77

Rick, I have heard of no operational differences between SGI and SGII.

Most of the complaints I have seen are that the SGI is ugly.

The SGII has a plug-in port to download data but they have never completed whatever it takes to use it. It was promised well before the first of the year.

jcp123 07-22-2007 01:29 PM

I agree it's overpriced...but having the code reader/clearing capability ups the value quotient quite a bit. It's basically equivalent to our $70 basic OBDII code scanner in that sense, so in essence I really only paid $90 over and above for the extra capabilities. Plus, being that I can pull codes from any of our vehicles, you could argue that the cost can even be spread around further...

Hockey4mnhs 07-22-2007 09:52 PM

there awsome little tools i wish my car would work with um

GasSavers_rookie 07-23-2007 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekGuyAndy (Post 64713)
So I did get the SG2, and I will soon be broke, but I am REALLY AMAZED by the results. I drove a 30 mile run at 40.0mpg (Suby is supposed to get 23mpg combined). My previous best was ~35 but that was on 200+ miles of driving. I'm pretty sure my next tank can get over 40mpg will my new P&G skills!
I still think it's way overpriced for a gadget, but I guess I was still suckered into it.:D

Time to change my goal!

IS IT OVERPRICED, OR A LIFE SAVER?

I work, eat, sleep, live, laugh, love, sht, shower, shave, at home, day after day after day and,
The cost of one gallon of fuel, $2.71

The cost of a scangauge to measure fuel savings, $169.00

The cost of fuel used to go on trips to see how much fuel I?m saving, $185.42

The cost of actually leaving my house for a change, Priceless

cfg83 08-18-2007 11:25 PM

GeekGuyAndy -

I have the ugly SG1, but I'm a nerd, so I don't mind dorky lookin' stuff. Being anti-fashion is my specialty :D .

I think if they had the volume sales, they could bring the price down.

I *wish* it was cheaper so that more people could get one. $150+ is a lot to ask someone to spend when their goal is to save money. The car bio-feedback is probably the quickest way to help people change their driving style.

CarloSW2