Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Hypermiling (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f33/)
-   -   More questions about P&G w/ an auto tranny (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f33/more-questions-about-p-and-g-w-an-auto-tranny-5524.html)

GasSavers_StanleyD 07-27-2007 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zvolen (Post 65620)
...Actually as of yet I have not seen an increase at ALL in MPG while P&G however I still have a 1/4 of a tank left. Although that could be to a few other issues and will continue to test as well as EOC ( Engine off Coasting ).

If your car is an auto I would stay away from EOC as your engine needs to run for tranny fluid to flow. Unless you have Saturn or certain models, you risk damaging your tranny durng EOC.
Read your cars manual. If it states that you should limit how far and/or fast you can tow your car with all four wheels down (Engine off drapping/pulling) then I would stay clear of EOC. EOC is of many benefits availble to those with manual tranny
EDIT: OOPS, my bad. Its a Saturn. Forget this post, at least for your car, ZVolen

omgwtfbyobbq 07-27-2007 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill in Houston (Post 65713)
Where I was going with the idea was that I might be at 80% of available torque when the throttle is only (to my foot) only at 60%. And that pressing the gas to the point that feels like 80% might over shoot the max efficiency point. It would be nice to prove it with a dyno, for sure. Okay, I think I'm done thinking out loud now...

Ah, that's a fosho thing, that yer throttle position in the car will not match up with what the throttle's actually doing since you have drive-by-wire. Anything above like 10% pedal will give you ~30% throttle, you may go WOT at 60-80% throttle. It's just nuts.

Bill in Houston 07-27-2007 12:15 PM

Me no likee throttle-by-wire...

Zvolen 07-28-2007 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyD (Post 65726)
If your car is an auto I would stay away from EOC as your engine needs to run for tranny fluid to flow. Unless you have Saturn or certain models, you risk damaging your tranny durng EOC.
Read your cars manual. If it states that you should limit how far and/or fast you can tow your car with all four wheels down (Engine off drapping/pulling) then I would stay clear of EOC. EOC is of many benefits availble to those with manual tranny
EDIT: OOPS, my bad. Its a Saturn. Forget this post, at least for your car, ZVolen

Ya, Thanks for looking out but as you notice I have a Saturn, which can be towed in nuetral so EOC shouldn't hurt it *crosses fingers*

I would hate to push the vehicle for better numbers only to find out it lead to its death.. Kind of ironic. :)

Hockey4mnhs 07-28-2007 03:19 AM

you dont even need to eoc if you do normal p&g you will destroy those #"s

Zvolen 07-30-2007 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey4mnhs (Post 65856)
you dont even need to eoc if you do normal p&g you will destroy those #"s

Thats what I have been trying, so far to date not a significant increse. Maybe I am doing it wrong...