Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Latest Car Lust (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/latest-car-lust-6027.html)

GasSavers_DaX 09-10-2007 04:11 AM

Latest Car Lust

Call me a moron for not knowing these things exist, but I saw a Geo Metro LSi convertible yesterday for the first time. Sounds like it's an early 90's model. Anyone know if the XFi drivetrain is a straight swap? Not quite a Honda Beat, but small, efficient, and with an XFi drivetrain, it would even be a 3-cylinder! How cool would that be?

QDM 09-10-2007 04:30 AM

Yes you can do the swap however the vert is heavier. If it has they SOHC 4 cyl it'll still get great mileage as long as it's a 5 spd.

Q

GasSavers_DaX 09-10-2007 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QDM (Post 71635)
the vert is heavier.

I'd suck it up and take a few extra pounds for the styling of the convertible.

MetroMPG 09-10-2007 11:05 AM

You could make a killer teardrop-shaped hardtop for a vert though, and it would clean up on the highway, even with the weight penalty.

2TonJellyBean 09-10-2007 11:10 AM

Or just a narrow bubble canopy... that would really reduce the frontal area.

Metro, if you wanted one as well, there's a bumble-bee yellow vert near Picton for sale that I saw on the weekend.

MetroMPG 09-10-2007 11:12 AM

Thanks, but too many projects already! :)

VetteOwner 09-10-2007 05:16 PM

lol my 3rd grade tacher had a light blue geo metro convertible. scary part was she weight like 300 lbs!

2TonJellyBean 09-10-2007 06:33 PM

On that tangent was a French teacher who in grade 1 and 2 had a '67 or so green Lotus Europa and then she got The Judge. '69 if I recall. She was four foot nuth'n and drove with attitude!

Don't know which car I would have rather have had a ride in at that age, but that GTO had that wonderful bada$$ $ound to it! LOL

Telco 09-11-2007 06:06 AM

Funniest one I ever saw was a fellow who was so big he needed a DOUBLE DOOR to walk through. He was 500 pounds if he was an ounce. Waddled everywhere. Drove a Honda CRX. Ever see a CRX leaning to one side going down the road? :p What made it extra-bad, he was a civilian instructor at my AIT tech school when I was in the Army.

Another one, service advisor and I were talking shop at a dealership while waiting for work to be done to the new truck I'd bought a few years back. Said he'd used to work for a Pontiac dealer, had some lady come in complaining about her Fiero kept pulling to the left. Checked the car out, alignment was perfect, drove straight, but she kept complaining about it pulling. Said after a few visits that he asked her to sit in the car while they aligned the car. She said it drove perfect afterwards, but anyone else driving it, it pulled hard to the right. :eek:

Another one I saw, was pulling into Lowes to get something or other when this Ford 2500 crewcab longbed came in. Very nice looking truck (I'm partial to brown trucks), nice wheels, body and suspension lift, ect. The guy that got out of it looked 12. He was 5 ft tall, maybe, looked like he weighed about 80lbs. He walked around back of the truck, reached WAAY up to get the tailgate open, then starts taking boards he was returning out of the bed of the truck, which at this point the floor of the truck was eye level with him. Had a hard time not laughing about it. His truck was more suited for a man my size, and my truck is more suited for him, not that I'd ever trade my little truck for a mini-semi like that.

ffvben 09-11-2007 04:14 PM

for some reason I always see small guys get the biggest trucks. a guy in coll. had a full size lifted Chevy p/u with 44swampers he was 5'4" . i was 6'1 and had a hard time getting in to his ride. he got up in the seat faster than me.