Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Bumper stickers for FE driviers... (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/bumper-stickers-for-fe-driviers-6099.html)

slurp812 09-18-2007 06:53 AM

Bumper stickers for FE driviers...

I have the GasSavers.org sticker on my car. Its great, but of course most still don't get it, and some ride my *** for a few miles, then get all pissed off, and finally blow by me. Iv been thinking is a few ides for a bumper sticker:

"You can pass me"
"WARNING, SLOW driver, please pass at your convince"
"GET OFF MY ***!!"
"The gas your SUV uses to pass me will propel this little car 10 miles!"
"I don't care how fast YOU think I should drive!"
"I drive this way on purpose!"

or a big *** arrow pointing left...

perris 09-18-2007 07:14 AM

I would love a sign like your second choice but there is no place to put it on my gxp

when I see I am slowing down traffic I pick up speed, we live in the family of man and I am driving differantly then most would expect so I adjust to them when I create a hardship of sime kind due to my fe driving

if at night or it is easy for them to pass me I oput on my hazzard blinkers to let them know they should go around me...but if they can't pass I speed up

cfg83 09-18-2007 07:56 AM

slurp812 -

Pass on Left (In road sign style)
Please Pass on Left (In road sign style)
Running on 3 Cylinders (play the sympathy card, but maybe get a fix-it ticket)
Don't tread on me! (The saying can be used without modification, maybe have a cartoon-angry version of the snake with a treadmark on it)
Don't speed on me! (Similar to above)
Will drive faster for free gas
NRA sticker

- Granny Driving Themes -
Granny Ain't Got Nothin' on Me!
Granny Driving School
Raging Granny On Board
Bought from little old lady from Pasadena, Car won't change it's ways
Car computer made by little old ladys from Pasadena
LOLPP (Racing-style sticker meaning : Little Old Ladies from Pasadena Performance. Make sticker *not* look fast, maybe make it reverse-italic, implying whoaaaaa!, or have a cartton of a Granny-with-goggles)
Got Prunes?

- Old Geezer Themes -
What's That Sonny?
When I was a kid, I drove 40 MPH, and I LIKED IT!

- People problably won't get -
Driving while Metric, Confused

You could have an old-geezer beard that you wear in the car so that people think you are out of it. Maybe would help to be warmer in the winter. Cops might not like that one either, though.

CarloSW2

2TonJellyBean 09-18-2007 08:06 AM

Just put a small safety triangle on the rear driver's side, a large nuclear sticker on the other side and a caution across the bumper saying "Low radiation level experimental nuclear engine on board".. then a sticker of the nearest best known engineering school in the area.

Rick Rae 09-18-2007 08:06 AM

Maybe you can get some ideas here:

Show Your Sign!

Bumper sticker ethics

Window Stickers (message #24)

There's also another thread with some great signs including your big left arrow, but I had no luck finding it. :( Try some creative searches and maybe you can turn it up.

Hope that helps,
Rick

OdieTurbo 09-18-2007 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Rae (Post 72717)

Show Your Sign!

Hope that helps,
Rick

Dude! I love that one!!!

Gary Palmer 09-18-2007 09:07 AM

I am thinking about getting a piece of drip irrigation line and some misters I can attach to the top of the back window.

bowtieguy 09-18-2007 01:16 PM

my wife was hurt when she was rear-ended. so i will slow down to half the speed limit or less when tail-gated. how about a "pass me or i'll come to a stop" sticker.

Rick Rae 09-19-2007 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OdieTurbo (Post 72722)
Dude! I love that one!!!

Hehe. If you mean the first one in the thread, thanks... and it'll be on the back of my car the whole time Team Leftover Bananas is conquering this segment of the FE Challenge. :thumbup:;)

I did discover a disadvantage of magnetic signs, though: Someone ripped off my first effort. :mad: Now I lock the replacement in the car when I park downtown for the day.

Rick

BumblingB 09-24-2007 05:43 PM

Rick Rae- You asked for it in a previous post, sorry I didn't post a reply earlier.

Here's what I had on my Insight for a while:
https://www.bsc.net/rigger/please%20pass.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Rae (Post 72717)

Show Your Sign!

Bumper sticker ethics

Window Stickers (message #24)

There's also another thread with some great signs including your big left arrow, but I had no luck finding it. :( Try some creative searches and maybe you can turn it up.

Hope that helps,
Rick