Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Price/Mile is very useful data (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/price-mile-is-very-useful-data-622.html)

Don65Stang 05-16-2011 11:37 PM

Price/Mile is very useful data

I like knowing my Ave Price/Mile for my last tank. That particular piece of data relates my driving habits AND the rising price of fuel to let me know how much it's really costing me to drive each mile. It's kind of a GOAL for me to keep it at a particular number by adjusting my driving habits to account for gas price fluctuations. Plus by my attempt to keep the Price/Mile fairly constant I can better budget for a constant fuel cost.

Please add a Price/Mile column to the fuel Log Book so users can see the Price per Mile for each tank. The Price/Mile data is VERY useful information that most people don't consider.

mathowie 05-17-2011 12:10 AM

Yeah, we've added cost/mile to our new custom stats page.

Here's a screenshot of one of your cars showing the cost/mile for the past 30 days (look on the bottom, right-most stat)

Don65Stang 05-17-2011 12:28 AM

Also, the Price/Mile is the Great Equalizer in that it doesn't matter if the car uses Gasoline, Diesel or whatever fuel...it always tells the user how much money it takes to drive one mile.

We may use different fuels but money is common ingredient we all share. For example, I have both diesel and gas cars. The Price/Mile lets me know which ones are the least expensive to drive...I don't care if it's diesel or gas, I know how much it'll cost per mile to drive it. Lower numbers are better. ;)

Don65Stang 05-17-2011 12:31 AM

Mathowie, I saw that -excellent work. I requested elsewhere to add a "per tank" option to that custom stat to make it even better.

corvettecrazy 05-23-2011 08:28 PM

I also really like the cost per mile statistic, although I thoroughly believe that it should be shown to 3 decimal places instead of two.

BDC 05-23-2011 11:51 PM

Yes, thank you Matt for that cost/mile custom stat. It is the most useful piece of information in the new custom stats. I'll also second the suggestion to display it to the tenth of a cent. Measuring it to the cent is not enough accuracy. Our Scion's cost per mile, for example, has held steady at 10 cents for over two years now, even though gas prices have more than doubled in that time. So it doesn't make much sense to just display it to that level of accuracy.

09VWTDI 06-02-2011 07:19 AM

Please bring back the "cost per mile". This is a great way to compare all vehicles and to refine your own personal driving skills. Every thing has a cost associated with it. PE.

pb 06-02-2011 08:22 AM

cost per mile is still there. Check out the screenshot mathowie posted in the first comment in this thread.

Charon 06-15-2011 05:27 AM

Just remember that the "Cost per Mile" only accounts for fuel. It does not include depreciation, tire wear, oil change cost per mile, or any of the "fixed" costs such as license, insurance, and others.