Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Ron Paul 2008 (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/ron-paul-2008-a-6308.html)

Snax 10-07-2007 07:35 AM

While I disagree with the conservative mindset in general, Ron Paul is about the truest of the bunch with a focus on preserving the constitution and actually improving the economy for everybody - not just the rich folk.

psyshack 10-07-2007 10:09 AM

Will have to see how it plays out.

There wont be any votes cast from this house for a dem. at all.

88HF 10-07-2007 11:55 AM

Lobbyist don't even go by Ron Paul's congressional office, because they know he won't see them. He has a very real chance at winning the election. He needs people to vote in the republican primaries for him though. His numbers in current polls only include people with landlines that voted republican in the last presidential election. A LOT of people are changing affiliations just for the primaries and 08 election. The media just finally covered him after he made more money this quarter while every other candidate made less than last quarter. Its grassroots! I just got back from the New Orleans Superdome passing out literature, and waving signs all morning with other Ron Paul supporters. Unlike the people waiving signs for the Governor's race... none of us were paid... and we actually knew about our candidate.

Ron Paul wants to stop subsidizing oil. That means way more traffic for Gassavers.

bowtieguy 10-08-2007 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88HF (Post 75609)
Lobbyist don't even go by Ron Paul's congressional office, because they know he won't see them. He has a very real chance at winning the election. He needs people to vote in the republican primaries for him though. His numbers in current polls only include people with landlines that voted republican in the last presidential election. A LOT of people are changing affiliations just for the primaries and 08 election. The media just finally covered him after he made more money this quarter while every other candidate made less than last quarter. Its grassroots! I just got back from the New Orleans Superdome passing out literature, and waving signs all morning with other Ron Paul supporters. Unlike the people waiving signs for the Governor's race... none of us were paid... and we actually knew about our candidate.

Ron Paul wants to stop subsidizing oil. That means way more traffic for Gassavers.

i appreciate that you think for yourself. your state is mostly dem right? the katrina fiasco, if i remember, was created when local gov't "dropped the ball." those dems blamed "others" instead.

well it's good to hear from an informed voter!

SVOboy 10-08-2007 01:52 PM

Ron Paul doesn't believe there's a scientific consensus on global warming.

bowtieguy 10-08-2007 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy (Post 75772)
Ron Paul doesn't believe there's a scientific consensus on global warming.

no problem there

SVOboy 10-08-2007 02:10 PM

Only for the environment, :p

bowtieguy 10-08-2007 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy (Post 75775)
Only for the environment, :p

scientific study shows pollution and GW are NOT one and the same. they MAY or may NOT be related.

...end of MY part of THAT discussion.

SVOboy 10-08-2007 02:21 PM

I never said they were the same. You're replying to something no one brought up.

Besides, "pollution" and "gw" are just names, and everyone knows names are empty.

But that's besides the point. I just meant to state, matter-of-factly, Ron Paul's view of global warming.

bowtieguy 10-08-2007 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy (Post 75778)
I never said they were the same. You're replying to something no one brought up.

Besides, "pollution" and "gw" are just names, and everyone knows names are empty.

But that's besides the point. I just meant to state, matter-of-factly, Ron Paul's view of global warming.

moving to ANOTHER subject...you are wise for a college student. unfortunately often times studies and statistics are empty as well!

my apologies for the misunderstanding.