Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   V8 powered (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/v8-powered-6645.html)

NH Titan 11-07-2007 02:23 PM

V8 powered

Hello all!!

I am another transplant from another MPG site that is more about hybrids that gas vehicles.

I am doing well so far with my mpg but there is always room for improvement. My best so far as been 19.38 mpg. I had to send back my Scangauge2 as it had issues with my truck. I was at the dealership 3 times having them chase a check engine light when it was the Scangauge2 that was causing it the whole time. Scangauge said that they would give me a replacement unit but I was all done spending my days off at the dealership.

So I am doing my best without it. I do alot of coasting as there are many hills where I live. I sometimes shut the engine off at lights depending on what part of the cycle they are in when I arrive. Other than that I just run the cruise control locked in at the double nickel. I will do the 65 when the speed limit is the same as not to get run over.

lovemysan 11-07-2007 02:34 PM

Welcome aboard.

I wouldn't give up the scangauge yet. Its the simplest most effective fuel economy tool out there right now. Linear Logic is a great company from everything I've read. They've got a proven track record of repairing, replacing and giving excellent customer service.

Good numbers so far with your titan.

GasSavers_Red 11-07-2007 04:03 PM

Welcome to the site. Its good to see another truck around

NH Titan 11-07-2007 04:08 PM

I have a pop up camper and a utility trailer. I also have 2 fourwheelers a motorcycle and a scooter. The camper is not very heavy but I will be upgrading to a larger one in the next year or two.

I had a Nissan Frontier before I bought the Titan. I had the crew cab model which only came with the small bed. It wa not big enough for all the camping gear and kids stuff that we have to transport. I needed the larger bed. The Frontier was also 4X4 but had a 6 speed manual and I would average 18-20 mpg in that. So 18 with a much bigger and powerful truck was not that much of a trade off.

Not to mention I love the Truck!!!

1993CivicVX 11-07-2007 04:32 PM

By a nice minty VX when one comes along. $3500 will pay for itself in oh I dunno, hard to do the math without the proper figures.

NH Titan 11-07-2007 04:59 PM

I ride my Yamaha VStar 1100 to work when I can. But tis not the season for that. I am getting 54 mpg on the bike.

Hockey4mnhs 11-07-2007 06:33 PM

Welcome to gs keep up the good work.

Danronian 11-07-2007 07:05 PM

Great results from a huge truck.

Welcome to the site.

rh77 11-08-2007 02:12 PM

Welcome to the site...

Use that ScanGauge to it's fullest. Small incremental improvements in FE, equal larger percentages in vehicles with low FE. So, if you started at 15 and went to 20 MPG, that's a considerable improvement, for example.

Apologies, but you'll probably get razzed for your vehicle choice... but do what you can with what ya got. Getting a small car to commute may pay for itself quickly, or it might not be feasible in your application. Do some calculations and soul-searching for priorities. The cycle helps offset fuel consumption -- ride sharing can too.

If you can't downsize, check out the "Newbie" thread in my sig. Plenty of good places to start.

Best FE to ya...

RH77

cfg83 11-09-2007 12:33 AM

NH Titan -

Welcome to GS! Your already beating EPA so that's a good start.

CarloSW2