Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Smoking, who here does that? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/smoking-who-here-does-that-6676.html)

GasSavers_TomO 11-09-2007 08:24 AM

Smoking, who here does that?

So I had my last cigarette on the evening of October 22nd this year. It's been 18 days now of success. My sense of smell has returned (after about 8 days) and my energy levels are slowly rising.

This is the 6th time I've tried to quit smoking. I started smoking about 4 years ago and am 29 years old.

I am currently taking Chantix (a pill) to assist in my smoking cessation. It's helped immensely by eliminating cravings for me. In fact, only three days after starting to take Chantix I cut down from one pack (20 cigs) a day down to 3 to 5 cigarettes a day. When I was getting ready for bed on the 22nd and having my last cigarette, I only took two drags off o it and said "That's enough for me". Haven't had one since then.

So that took care of the chemical addiction side of smoking. For the physical habit side of it, I had a plastic looking cigarette called an ENDit stick. There is no nicotine it it but rather a small, porous packet inside the tube that contains white tea extract and pipe tobacco scent. The bad habit I had was every time I got into my car, I would grab a cigarette and light up (of course not when my child was in the car though). I have since stopped using even the ENDit stick since this Tuesday.

So I'm doing good and things are looking up. Now only if I could get my wife to quit smoking.

Please share your smoking/quitting experiences here as well. :thumbup: :)

UfoTofU 11-09-2007 08:40 AM

Keep it up! :thumbup:

With the pill is it something that you will have to continue to take or do you only take it until you don't have the craving anymore and then you stop taking it?

Danronian 11-09-2007 08:55 AM

Good job on trying to quit!

My girlfriend used some nicotine gum, and later switched to cinnamon gum. She's been smoke free for over a year now.

csrmel 11-09-2007 01:00 PM

its going to be near impossible to quit and stay quitted if youre wife still smokes.

Silveredwings 11-09-2007 01:05 PM

It's an inside job. You have to make up your mind that you've had enough of it, no matter what any one else does.

That said, congrats on your decision and hats off for your resolve.

cfg83 11-09-2007 02:24 PM

TomO -

Good job! Looking from the outside in, I would think that the patch would work, but I don't really know. The gum sounds like a good idea too.

CarloSW2

GasSavers_Red 11-09-2007 03:04 PM

Good job TomO, a few friends of mine are in the same boat. In their case any time they feel the need they pop in a few sticks of gum to get by.

ELF 11-09-2007 04:12 PM

Poll should of had another choice, "I used to smoke but quit"
Its all in your head. If you really want to stop you can!

trebuchet03 11-09-2007 04:43 PM

Think of the increased FE you'll have from keeping the windows closed (if you didn't do that already) :D

omgwtfbyobbq 11-09-2007 05:05 PM

On average, I'm guessing one or two a day. Moderation and alla that.