Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   A preview of our new site for Earth Day! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/a-preview-of-our-new-site-for-earth-day-684.html)

udtrev 04-26-2011 03:17 PM

Cheers Paul,

If I remember I will do a fill up on the new system later

Trev

udtrev 04-27-2011 10:28 PM

Just added fill up with the new system, it has the same bug :-( I know my car won't take 48 gallons !

pb 04-28-2011 12:11 PM

Sorry about that udtrev. Just consider the new design a preview for now. We'll get the bugs ironed out before we launch it here.

udtrev 04-28-2011 05:01 PM

No problem Paul, Errorik has been grafting away in the background, it now saves fine :-)

udtrev 04-28-2011 05:06 PM

I'm happy to help by reporting issues as they arrive like the one in the logbook - although the system has correctly saved the fillups, the logbook is showing them in US not Imperial gallons, with the price per gallon having the same issue - we Brits would LOVE to be paying that a gallon !!

udtrev 04-28-2011 05:42 PM

I've sent Errorik the first list of issues.

Trev

ghammerly 05-09-2011 03:10 AM

Looks fantastic. I love the features and the look.

Would like to be able to sort vehicles to look at statistical data by year; type of fuel used ex: diesel, gasoline, cng, lpg, etc.; number of cylinders or rotors; displacement ex: 1.4L, 1.5L, 1.6L; transmission type ex: 5spd. manual, 5spd. automatic, CVT

I know it makes it more complicated and longer to enter all the information but many cars have many different drive-train options or have been modified with engine swaps, dual fuel set ups, etc.

Nitsud 05-09-2011 04:20 AM

I checked out the new layout and thought it was pretty nice. Although I found it a bit big to view on my netbook, I think it's something I would get adjusted to. It's definitely an improvement in terms of aesthetics.

Some things I noticed and some suggestions I have:

Firstly, I noticed that the notes are no longer displayed but instead have something you highlight with your cursor to view. In the past, the note would be displayed in text same as the fuel up data. I would like very much if this could be left the same.

Secondly, how about a theoretical maximum distance based on the average fuel economy + the fuel tank size of the vehicle. This could be something the user could add manually and displayed if said fields are filled.

Thirdly, and this is just a personal thing; I would like if there was a km/L display in the metric field. While MPG is also nice to have, I am having a hard time accepting this L/100km designation.

Of course, that's just a personal thing.

Thanks very much for the change!

Sjetware 05-09-2011 04:44 AM

I like the new layout; however it seems the image for your car is being incorrectly sized or squished on the car listing screen.

BDC 05-09-2011 05:13 AM

Personally, I think the new note display is a big improvement. The old way, they were never formatted correctly and took up big chunks of space. This way the log looks nice and neat. I'd rather just roll over and read the notes that I want to read anyways.