Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   What gaming system (systems) do you have? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/what-gaming-system-systems-do-you-have-6925.html)

BumblingB 11-29-2007 04:54 PM

What gaming system (systems) do you have?

I could of sworn we did this one a while back but couldn't find it in the archives sooo since it's the holiday season and I did see some other threads getting off topic mentioning gaming so I've decided to take it upon myself to start this one. Mainly because a lot of ya'll (OK US) at this site are geeks and I know the majority has at least one system.

This all being said, I don't play daily, sometimes I go for months without playing.

My systems:
Atari 2600 :D
Atari 5200 STILL IN THE BOX!!! Lots of accessories!
Nintendo NES (frontloader:thumbdown: sold the toploader)
PS1 - somewhere
PS2 - still my favorite system
Wii - a great family system - even get my parents to play, they are well beyond golden years so that is kind of cool
Sega CD - plenty of accessories
Game Gear (EDIT! Forgot I had that!)
Gameboy Advance (EDIT! Forgot I had that!)
SNES (EDIT! Forgot I had that!)

I mainly play when I go on a business trip. I'll bring my PS2 or Wii with me to keep me inside out of trouble. :rolleyes:

Erdrick 11-29-2007 05:02 PM

This is going to take a while. Hope I don't forget any of them.

Here goes...

NES
SNES
N64
Wii
Gameboy
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance
Nintendo DS
Sega Genesis
Sega Gamegear
Sega Dreamcast
Playstation
Playstation 2

I think that about wraps it up. The only system that sees any use these days is my Wii. I will occasionally dust off the old NES and give some of my games a run-through. Oh, to those who don't know, the reason that the NES freezes and crashes all the time is that the contacts on the actual system are bad. Go on ebay and get new ones. They are under $10 shipped, and it is a really easy install. All of your games will work perfectly, and NO MORE BLOWING!!!

VetteOwner 11-29-2007 05:13 PM

i just opened mine up and bent the contacts out a bti so they fit tighter to the cartrige good thing: games satrt every time bad thing: cant push the game down, just push it in and start.

BumblingB 11-29-2007 05:18 PM

That's why I liked my Toploader (NES) system! Games started every time AND it also had the SNES type dogbone controller versus those rectangular contraptions.

Danronian 11-29-2007 06:02 PM

I need to get those contacts for my NES. I loved that thing when it still worked consistently.

I have:
Magnavox Pong System (from early 70s)
NES
Gameboy - lost it somehow
Sega/Sega 32X/Sega CD - GREAT system
PS2 - Only ever played need for speed underground on it and use it to play movies. Sony points made the system free thankfully.

lovemysan 11-29-2007 06:09 PM

I had an atari jaguar 64 years ago. Did anyone else have one.

Erdrick 11-29-2007 07:24 PM

Best system ever was by far the SNES. It was the king of RPGs. Man that system was great. It also brought us Mario Kart. I really have nothing but love for most every Nintendo system ever made. They still should have gone with CDs for the N64, and the GC needed more RPGs... but today they have everything back in line. Fun is where it is at man.

Jaguar was and is a POS. Sorry about being so blatant about it, but them is just the facts.

Who in their right mind would say that the Sega CD and Sega 32x were great systems? Sure the CD had Lunar, but other than that total garbage. 32x had what?

If only Sony could die so that Square Enix would fully come back to Nintendo. I have no interest in the PS3, unless of course RE5 never gets ported to another system. I would be more than happy to take a graphics hit if it were to come to the Wii, as the controls are sublime on that thing when used with RE.

trebuchet03 11-29-2007 07:26 PM

I've got minesweeper on my computer :p

ajohnmeyer 11-29-2007 07:37 PM

N64 - sold after I beat Ocarina of Time a few times
Wii - camped for 14 hours to get one, sold it after I beat Twilight Princess a few times and found out Metroid III wasn't going to be online.
DS lite - Already beat Phantom Hourglass once. It'll probably be on the chopping block soon.

VetteOwner 11-29-2007 08:20 PM

lol any of you remember the dreamcast? i never had one but i thought for its time it was the most advanced...