Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   Im here to stay. (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/im-here-to-stay-6934.html)

Tepco 11-30-2007 03:19 PM

Im here to stay.

Hello, this is a great site and has fired me up:thumbup: .
I currently drive a full size Chevy PU with a 4.3 Vortec V6 getting an average of 18.0mpg.
I also have a 2004 CBR600RR that is for sale to be replaced by a Civic VX. Monthly gas prices are effecting the quality of life for my family. I am on a mission to make maximum FE for both me and my wife. I cant wait to get started with a VX.

So Im here to stay!!

ajohnmeyer 11-30-2007 03:42 PM

Welcome, you've come to the right place.

That sounds like fairly good MPG for a full size truck, a good starting place to be sure. Which vehicle is your DD?

Tepco 11-30-2007 03:53 PM

My DD is my truck, i drive it super easy to try and save gas but i drive an average of 40miles a day. I don't want this to be my daily driver so i alternate with my motorcycle. My first goal is to sell the bike, park the truck and find a civic VX for a daily driver. I also ride my bike to work when i can its 14miles each way with a couple crazy roads, but im a cyclist so its not to bad, the cold weather its whats stopping me this time of year.

GasSavers_BIBI 11-30-2007 07:31 PM

Its nice to know that more and more VX are going in hand of people that want the FE of those litle FE beast.

first350 11-30-2007 08:09 PM

Welcome - I just joined a few weeks ago and am starting a VX project too:thumbup: ! Good luck, this place has tons of great info for newbs:o like me!

cfg83 11-30-2007 11:50 PM

Tepco -

Welcome to GS! Yeah, I was going to say that a your CBR would get good FE but wear you down over time, but maybe that's just me. Gotta get to work in one unsoggy piece! A VX will treat you well.

CarloSW2

Tepco 12-02-2007 07:19 AM

Thanks guys for the welcome. I have to carry stuff to work so in the winter with being bundled up for the cold a backpack and a tail bag, its just not practical. I plan on buying another motorcycle for short commutes but i have to sell what i have now because its got my money tied up.

Here is a link if you want to see what i drive to work about three days a week.

I guess it could be a gas saver but its just to fun to drive fast..:D

Link

cfg83 12-02-2007 09:24 AM

Tepco -

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tepco (Post 84714)
Thanks guys for the welcome. I have to carry stuff to work so in the winter with being bundled up for the cold a backpack and a tail bag, its just not practical. I plan on buying another motorcycle for short commutes but i have to sell what i have now because its got my money tied up.

Here is a link if you want to see what i drive to work about three days a week.

I guess it could be a gas saver but its just to fun to drive fast..:D

Link

When she saw the bike, my wife went WHOA!

Don't forget to keep the motorcycle side view mirrors as an aero-mod for your car (just kidding, probably make it harder to sell. :rolleyes: ).

PS - Them's mighty wierd birddogs in Greensboro.

CarloSW2

Danronian 12-02-2007 11:48 AM

I love NC. I hope to move there soon if I can't find a job in Colombia.

GL selling the bike. Looks really nice.

Tepco 12-03-2007 07:15 AM

Quote:

I love NC. I hope to move there soon if I can't find a job in Colombia.
I moved here from LI, NY and love it i, wont be moving back.

And i love my bike i have been riding 16years and its the best bike i have ever owned, but my vehicle money is tied up in it so it has to go so i can get a civic.

Bird dogs are everywhere...;)