Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Disabling Cylinders? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/disabling-cylinders-7064.html)

JanGeo 12-17-2007 07:33 PM

Oh yeah you are already running Mobile 1 well get the tranny oil from Synlube. Stop giving your money away to the oil companies!

It is a 3 to 5 micron colloidal particle size mixture of graphite, TPFE Teflon, and Molybdenum Disulfide (moly) in a liquid carrier which becomes a solid lubricant system. It coats the friction surfaces with these solid lubricants making them smoother and more slippery and provides lubrication without relying upon oil film and oil pressure alone. The engine oil is also a 5-50 weight and will continue to lubricate properly when heated to over 500 degrees. It is just really slippery stuff!

caveatipse 12-17-2007 07:36 PM

Dang that sounds cool!

skewbe 12-17-2007 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanGeo (Post 86224)
call Miro at Synlube.com and tell him Jan (me) referred you to him.

pyramid scheme? Uncertified lubrication product! Jan won't shut up about it, but makes money on referrals.

caveatipse 12-17-2007 07:43 PM

ack

GasSavers_Ryland 12-17-2007 08:23 PM

there are better ways to get better mileage out of your car, you would be better off choping the roof, and ripping out the inside of the car, find out what vehicles had simaler trannys, and see if any of them have gearing that is more appealing, but in my mind disabling cylenders should be left to engeners, as even they strugle with making it work.

Sludgy 12-18-2007 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryland (Post 86236)
there are better ways to get better mileage out of your car, you would be better off choping the roof, and ripping out the inside of the car, find out what vehicles had simaler trannys, and see if any of them have gearing that is more appealing, but in my mind disabling cylenders should be left to engeners, as even they strugle with making it work.

Cylinder ddeactivation technology exists and does work. But why have the car engineers not applied it to 4 cylinder engines? It's a conspiracy, I tell you.

It bothers me to no end that most carmakers just won't put the FE goodies in 4 bangers.

skewbe 12-18-2007 05:12 AM

gains from el-cheapo, turn off a couple fuel injectors, cylinder deactivation schemes are negligible.

Gains from killing the injectors, closing the intake valve and leaving the exhaust valve open (or closed perhaps) are a little better. Still significant losses in moving the pistons and the air for no reason.

Really, you need to decouple those cylinders that are not being used from the drivetrain for best efficiency (and still have a balanced setup). Or just do without the extra cylinders to begin with :)

JanGeo 12-18-2007 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skewbe (Post 86230)
pyramid scheme? Uncertified lubrication product! Jan won't shut up about it, but makes money on referrals.

No its a referral fee - no membership other than being a Synlube customer I would think - may not even need to be a customer. Once he referrs someone he also gets a referral fee. There are a lot of small companies making things out there that are not as big as oil companies making massive profit off of products they suck out of the ground. This is a mature product used in tens of thousands of vehicles made from non-petrolium products and can be 100% recycled.

GasSavers_BIBI 12-18-2007 06:06 AM

a scooter is a one cylinder, a geo got 3 cylinders and a yaris got 4

the thing about disabeling a cylinder is more for a 8 cylinders who OBSVIOUSLY doesnt need at all its for cylinder to keep moving when reaching a certain speed, but your yaris could probably not stand 60mph on 2 cylinders....

hahaha the guys got the best conventional FE machine out there for the years, and he wants better FE, MAYBE the industrie doesnt do enough and spand to much $ on useless piece of performance or luxuary I will NEVER ever fu**** need, but yessssss the making billions of dollars.

Improbcat 12-18-2007 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanGeo (Post 86254)
No its a referral fee - no membership other than being a Synlube customer I would think - may not even need to be a customer. Once he referrs someone he also gets a referral fee.

So you are making money on referrals, which is what he just said. Or is synlube charging you a "fee" to refer people?

I've been reading this discussion (I'm currently at page 5 of 23) and am not impressed with synlube thus far from it. There are a lot of valid issues being raised there, including why synlube is claiming to meet or exceed certain oil standards while never having submitted their oil for testing.