Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   anyone else snowed in? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/anyone-else-snowed-in-7130.html)

Matt Timion 12-27-2007 08:11 AM

anyone else snowed in?

The snow is horrible here... it's just really cold outside and I'm certain it's really affecting my MPG.

What do you guys do to get over the winter blues?

trebuchet03 12-27-2007 08:34 AM

I put an umbrella in my drink and sit on the patio....

It's 76 outside (I'm in Jacksonville area at the moment) --- 82 at home in S. Florida....

GasSavers_TomO 12-27-2007 08:39 AM

Currently 25° and about a foot of snow on the ground from the last several snowfalls here. It's nice out, or at least I think it is. It's a rarity to get snowed in here in MN.

But to get over the winter blues: go sledding both on the snowmobile and the piece of plastic sled, lol.

GasSavers_Red 12-27-2007 10:10 AM

Drive through the snow :) Roam about pulling stuck people out of ditches. Although you need snow for both parts, right now its about 42F out, need to go trim some trees

kamesama980 12-27-2007 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomO (Post 86967)
Currently 25? and about a foot of snow on the ground from the last several snowfalls here. It's nice out, or at least I think it is. It's a rarity to get snowed in here in MN.

But to get over the winter blues: go sledding both on the snowmobile and the piece of plastic sled, lol.

I'm with you. snow is fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red (Post 86977)
Drive through the snow :) Roam about pulling stuck people out of ditches. Although you need snow for both parts, right now its about 42F out, need to go trim some trees

I don't have the traction to pull anyone anywhere but I do have the control to go down the road sideways in past them. Usually only if there's already people helping, I'm not so much of an *** as to not help if there isn't anyone there yet.

bobc455 12-28-2007 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion (Post 86965)
The snow is horrible here...

What makes horrible snow? Is it yellow?

Matt Timion 12-28-2007 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobc455 (Post 87046)
What makes horrible snow? Is it yellow?

well, i lived in southern california and the philippines for 10 years (8 years in socal, 2 in the philippines). I just became spoiled with the idea of nice weather.

So ANY snow is bad snow. I was within a few inches of wrecking my Fit today b/c the road was icy. I really don't like that at all.

bowtieguy 12-28-2007 02:56 PM

sorry MT, can't relate. running the a/c right now, 86F and humid!

kamesama980 12-29-2007 12:35 AM

got 6" between going to sleep last night and waking. got up and shoveled it so I could get to my car, realized it's hard as hell to drive my manual tranny car with monster snow boots on and slid around a bit trying to get out of the parking spot. smooth tires at 50 psi with rwd makes starting moving with an open diff fun. stopping and turning are fine, I don't usually worry about traction turning anyway *wink* or going in a straight line for that matter...

Sigifrith 12-29-2007 05:28 AM

Thanks to the Wonders of Global Warming we have no snow in the greater St. Louis area. :D