Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   I'm one of the 55. Are You? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/im-one-of-the-55-are-you-7334.html)

theclencher 01-19-2008 05:18 PM

I'm one of the 55. Are You?

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be
in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is b cuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it.

he heh yuo konw hoo yuo re!

GasSavers_bobski 01-19-2008 05:51 PM

Someone emailed me the above a few years ago. Interesting, yes. Useful? Meh.
I find it much easier to read if I avoid looking at individual words and just sort of glide over the sentences. It helps that words consisting of 3 or fewer letters can't be changed without breaking the rules. It makes the structure of the sentence more apparent.

theclencher 01-19-2008 06:02 PM

Oh, it's useful. In fact it's necessary to read summa the stuff on th web!

GasSavers_bobski 01-19-2008 07:26 PM

The gibberish one encounters on the web isn't as organized as the above passage. ^_^

GasSavers_TomO 01-19-2008 07:31 PM

I'm one of the 55 as well. I also agree that the stuff seen on the web is not nearly as organized as the first post.

VetteOwner 01-19-2008 10:16 PM

heh maybe us 55% who can read it are natural bad spellers :D

so does stuff like this account for when people missay or spell a word that is very similar to another?

bestmapman 01-20-2008 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theclencher (Post 88992)
fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be
in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is b cuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it.

he heh yuo konw hoo yuo re!

Wow, this is strange. When I first started to read the paragraph, I did't realize there was anything wrong. The fact that I can read it is bizarre.

JanGeo 01-20-2008 05:55 AM

Hey I think ther are a couple of typo's in that stuff.

theclencher 01-20-2008 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VetteOwner (Post 89007)
heh maybe us 55% who can read it are natural bad spellers :D

so does stuff like this account for when people missay or spell a word that is very similar to another?

prolyl

cfg83 01-20-2008 10:19 AM

tnchheeeclr -

Mlyesf vrey plseead busecae mselyf raed pgraraaph wiuthot mcuh preoblm.

CaSrloW2