Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   I'm one of the 55. Are You? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/im-one-of-the-55-are-you-7334.html)

theclencher 01-19-2008 05:18 PM

I'm one of the 55. Are You?

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be
in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is b cuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it.

he heh yuo konw hoo yuo re!

GasSavers_bobski 01-19-2008 05:51 PM

Someone emailed me the above a few years ago. Interesting, yes. Useful? Meh.
I find it much easier to read if I avoid looking at individual words and just sort of glide over the sentences. It helps that words consisting of 3 or fewer letters can't be changed without breaking the rules. It makes the structure of the sentence more apparent.

theclencher 01-19-2008 06:02 PM

Oh, it's useful. In fact it's necessary to read summa the stuff on th web!

GasSavers_bobski 01-19-2008 07:26 PM

The gibberish one encounters on the web isn't as organized as the above passage. ^_^

GasSavers_TomO 01-19-2008 07:31 PM

I'm one of the 55 as well. I also agree that the stuff seen on the web is not nearly as organized as the first post.

VetteOwner 01-19-2008 10:16 PM

heh maybe us 55% who can read it are natural bad spellers :D

so does stuff like this account for when people missay or spell a word that is very similar to another?

bestmapman 01-20-2008 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theclencher (Post 88992)
fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be
in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is b cuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it.

he heh yuo konw hoo yuo re!

Wow, this is strange. When I first started to read the paragraph, I did't realize there was anything wrong. The fact that I can read it is bizarre.

JanGeo 01-20-2008 05:55 AM

Hey I think ther are a couple of typo's in that stuff.

theclencher 01-20-2008 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VetteOwner (Post 89007)
heh maybe us 55% who can read it are natural bad spellers :D

so does stuff like this account for when people missay or spell a word that is very similar to another?

prolyl

cfg83 01-20-2008 10:19 AM

tnchheeeclr -

Mlyesf vrey plseead busecae mselyf raed pgraraaph wiuthot mcuh preoblm.

CaSrloW2

kamesama980 01-20-2008 12:45 PM

The number is probably slowly rising with the prevalence of horrible spelling online. the first time I got that I didn't even notice till I was halfway through.

bestmapman 01-20-2008 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfg83 (Post 89040)
tnchheeeclr -

Mlyesf vrey plseead busecae mselyf raed pgraraaph wiuthot mcuh preoblm.

CaSrloW2

Yuor fnuny

lunarhighway 01-20-2008 02:27 PM

hhee fnuny ideend

i'm somewhat dyslectic so that's the sort of thing i'd write when not paying to much attention... wel not really, but a couple of words would look like that, and i wouldn't spot them in a milion years... i suppose my posts illustrat that pretty well.

i find that i indeed recoughnise words by the way they look as a whole rather than by putting together all the individual letters... at school while learing to read i had all sorts of problems with simple short words, while i could read difficult long ones without problems once i'd heard them ones... i just connected the unique "image" of that word to the the sound. the short ones all looked the same. also while reading i'd "fill in" the words based on the context with words i knew that looked similar that would fit the sentence... just to be able to keep reading at a normal pace... needles to say this laid to some hillarious moments, and annoyed teachers as they assumed i was makeing fun of them or something....

while typeing if i think ahead of the next word while typeing the one before the firts letter of the second word sometimes ends up being the last of the first... fortunately computers make it easy to fix the most apparent mistakes.

personally i think language should always be about communication in the first place.... if the message gets acoss.... mission accomplished...
unfortunately some people automatically assume you're dumb if you can't write perfectly.

thecheese429 01-20-2008 04:42 PM

I can read it :D
I've read something about this before and I really thought it was cool.
also ^^^^ yeah that sums it up pretty well about not spelling right.

psyshack 01-21-2008 03:49 AM

Read it just fine...

unstable bob 01-21-2008 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theclencher (Post 89077)

"Seat of the pants," maybe? Like the good 'ol butt dyno...:D

theclencher 01-21-2008 08:58 PM

Ahhh- makes perfect sense! https://www.fuelly.com/attachments/fo...e20aee78ad.gif