Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   For Sale (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f24/)
-   -   1994 Hond Civic VX for sale $3k 186k miles (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f24/1994-hond-civic-vx-for-sale-3k-186k-miles-7654.html)

diaretical 02-27-2008 09:01 AM

1994 Hond Civic VX for sale $3k 186k miles

EDIT: Just saw 70DIMER's post for all the details on his CRX HF sale. I like his template so I'm going to modify mine to include all the details (thanks 70DIMER!). I'm at work now, so I won't get a chance to post all the pics/info until later. Until then, here's the long story short:

Long time reader of GasSavers...first time poster. This forum actually convinced me to get my 1994 White Honda Civic VX (sold my 2001 Yukon Denali that I bought for my djing business in college...moved to FL with the Air Force and didn't have as many gigs, so I sold the big truck which got 7-15mpg).

I've loved this car since day one. I just need something bigger to fit all my current dj equipment (I'm starting to book weddings again). I'm thinking of a second generation Prius. If you want to trade (I'll pay the difference) then I'm all ears. Otherwise, I'm looking for $3,000. I'm located at Fort Walton Beach, FL where I work as an engineer/soldier at Eglin Air Force Base (day job). I have no problem picking up a serious buyer from Pensacola Airport or VPS airport.

The car has absolutely no problems. I have all receipts of every maintenance ever done to this vehicle. I have $40 Bosch Icon windshield wipers and tinted windows all around. I've installed power windows and power door locks.

The maintenance slips are at home...I'll try to list all the big ones later on tonight.

I've already gotten about a dozen calls about the vehicle from the craigslist ad I posted 2 hours ago. I can't show the car until this Sunday since my parents are in town visiting. Let me know if you're interested.

Fuel economy numbers vary with this car. On a roundtrip to Pensacola Airport (~100 miles) i stayed around 55-60 mph and drove around 20 miles behind a 18-wheeler, I was able to get 75 mph.

On the same trip, doing 65-70mph, no 18 wheeler, I was able to get 47 mpg. About a dozen of so traffic lights along the way.

City driving is consistently 38-49 mpg. Depends on whether I'm late to work!

Car has reached 95mph on the interstate on the way back from Miami. Absolutely no problems. Drives wonderfully. Fuel economy was 32-39mpg when doing 75-95mph.

No air dams, wheel skirts, underbelly aero mods of any kind.

Tires set at 44psi.

More details and pics to come.

70DIMER 02-28-2008 11:23 PM

Glad you liked my 'template', I see it used periodically on craigslist ads so seeing it here won't be any different (at least you gave me credit!).

One or two pieces of advice, let people see it from any/all angles instead of getting asked a million questions...and most of all...disclose everything upfront that way people who come look at it can't use little issues as excuses to low ball you since they knew what was good and bad with the car before coming to look at it for the price you're asking.

From your craigslist ad it seems like this $3000 is your base price minus all the cool parts you already have on it...you may want to take them off since a lot of people don't want to spend more money than necessary...anyway best of luck amigo!!!

diaretical 02-29-2008 12:18 AM

Thanks for the advice 70DIMER...the more phone calls I get about the car, the less I want to sell it. The attention is reminding me how in demand the car is and I've already had two people offer to buy it for $3k without asking for further pictures. Makes me think I might be making a mistake letting her go.

I was looking at a pre-owned 2004 Prius with 75k miles on it for $12,500 and I'm starting to think that it's not worth the upgrade. I'm probably going to keep the VX since it gets great fuel economy and gets the job done.

Such a hard decision...

Danronian 02-29-2008 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diaretical (Post 92401)
Thanks for the advice 70DIMER...the more phone calls I get about the car, the less I want to sell it. The attention is reminding me how in demand the car is and I've already had two people offer to buy it for $3k without asking for further pictures. Makes me think I might be making a mistake letting her go.

I was looking at a pre-owned 2004 Prius with 75k miles on it for $12,500 and I'm starting to think that it's not worth the upgrade. I'm probably going to keep the VX since it gets great fuel economy and gets the job done.

Such a hard decision...

Personally, I would just get a little trailer for the VX. :thumbup:

I'd be amazed if the civic's cargo space plus a small trailer couldn't fulfill your cargo needs!

70DIMER 02-29-2008 04:32 PM

*If* I was you, I'd keep it. I know you say you are looking for another car like the Prius with more cargo room for your DJ business, I'm not too familiar with the 04 Prius but I would think there isn't that much of a cargo carrying difference.
Yeah your car is a rather hot commodity especially back East since it looks like a clean example of it. They're hard to find in good shape anywhere. My vote is to keep it.

panamacolin 03-01-2008 05:31 AM

**** im thinking of buying it and I have a really nice one as it is.

GasSavers_silvergt 03-14-2008 07:31 AM

pictures please?

panamacolin 03-15-2008 04:50 PM

I think he changed his mind. I sent him an email and he said he was looking for the 5k+ range for the car and truthfully I think the car is worth the 5k+...I mean I wouldnt sell mine for less than 5.9k