Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Wanted to Buy (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   WTB Civic VX near WA (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f25/wtb-civic-vx-near-wa-7947.html)

slogfilet 04-02-2008 07:55 AM

WTB Civic VX near WA

Greetings! New to the site, and looking for my first real gas saver. I'm driving a VW Golf, which isn't too bad, but I'd like something better.

I'm looking for a Civic VX (92-95, of course...) with relatively low miles, or an impeccable maintenance record, or both. A/C would be great, but I'm hearing that that is rare indeed.

Looking for something within 250 miles of Vancouver, WA and Portland, OR area, but would consider something farther if the deal is solid and I can find a cheap one-way ticket.

Looking to keep it around $2000-$4000 MAX. Let me know what you have, or feel free to send me any leads! I'm keeping a close eye on Craigslist on the west coast.

GasSavers_Ryland 04-02-2008 08:31 AM

I would start leaving notes on the windows of VX's that you see in your area, then scour the classified ads, and if you find one show up with cash, I would feel very lucky to find one for $2,000 and would expect it to need a fair amount of work for that price, you are lucky enough to live in a low rust area, so most things at that point can be fixed.

slogfilet 04-02-2008 09:28 AM

Thanks for the advice...I recently stuck my business card under the wiper of one I saw at the post office. =) No callback so far.

I'll agree... if the market is raising the prices on these models, I can either wait (potentially forever) or spend a bit more to get what I want. At this point, I'm fine with either option, but as time goes on, I'll want one more badly.

Random tech question... I saw a VX advertised with A/C, which would be a great find. However, it also said it has power steering, which I didn't think was available... do the A/C models also have PS, or is this a red flag? haven't heard back from the seller yet.

Edit: I posted this second question in anther forum, if that is more appropriate.

slogfilet 04-16-2008 11:06 AM

Got one!!! I added it to my garage if anyone's interested. Good shape, with some minor VX issues (gotta get the idle under control.)

I'm taking it up to Seattle tomorrow, and I'm excited to see the first tank results.

Brian D. 04-17-2008 08:41 AM

"gotta get the idle under control"

Just wondering what your idle issue was? Is it erratic, or just too high/low all the time? Reason I ask is b/c (unless you already know this) your oxygen sensor may be faulty; this can actually cause an erratic idle in some instances. Does your car have a 4 or 5-wire oxygen sensor on it?

Brian

roadsterbum 04-28-2008 11:24 PM

Congrats! Man I've been looking for one for the last 5 months....had 3 pending deals that slipped away last minute. Yours looks very clean.

If you don't mind sharing, how much did you pay for yours? Seems like with gas prices these days, prices are going up up up.