Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   "ecogeeks" get the ladies? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/ecogeeks-get-the-ladies-8747.html)

Project84 06-03-2008 04:32 AM

"ecogeeks" get the ladies?

Found it on Yahoo.com's homepage

https://green.yahoo.com/blog/ecogeek/...the-girls.html

Sucks for me... I'm cruising an old Saturn and still play with my gas guzzler Camaro from time to time. :mad:

GasSavers_RoadWarrior 06-03-2008 04:45 AM

Time to get busy with the coroplast and make the saturn a "visible minority" then :D

MiddleMike 06-03-2008 06:47 AM

My wife is solidly against this trend and hopes it dies on the vine. :)

Hateful 06-03-2008 07:05 AM

imagine if Daniel Boone or Ben Franklin had listened to thier wives. We'd be sitting in the dark under British rule, still wandering what was beyond the Appalachian mountains.

dkjones96 06-03-2008 07:12 AM

That's only because women know that if he isn't paying at the pump he'll pay at the store...

MiddleMike 06-03-2008 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateful (Post 103666)
imagine if Daniel Boone or Ben Franklin had listened to thier wives. We'd be sitting in the dark under British rule, still wandering what was beyond the Appalachian mountains.

Well sure. Wait...Ben Franklin had a wife? I thought he was America's first Confirmed Bachelor Player Lady's Man?

What I meant was that my wife wouldn't be too happy with increased competition from other women. Hence, she'd hope the trend of chicks finding eco-guys hot would go away.

Hateful 06-03-2008 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiddleMike (Post 103669)
Well sure. Wait...Ben Franklin had a wife? I thought he was America's first Confirmed Bachelor Player Lady's Man?

Yes, Franklin did have a wife and yes he was known as a ladies man. He went to France for years at the time leaving his wife at home. He attended the parties and social gatherings of the rich and powerful in France, gaining support from the French to fight the English. The reputation of being a ladies man came from a series of letters between himself and a younger upper class women in France, but no real evidence of actual physical relations.
The wife need not worry as she can still dress you funny.

MiddleMike 06-03-2008 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateful (Post 103672)
Yes, Franklin did have a wife and yes he was known as a ladies man. He went to France for years at the time leaving his wife at home. He attended the parties and social gatherings of the rich and powerful in France, gaining support from the French to fight the English. The reputation of being a ladies man came from a series of letters between himself and a younger upper class women in France, but no real evidence of actual physical relations.

Well there you go then. Thought I knew a lot about the FF's, but turns out I didn't know that little piece of trivia concerning being married. Thanks for the ed-u-ma-cation, sir. Just figured since he had such a reputation that he was a bachelor. Heh, now I like him even more than before! :thumbup:

Quote:

The wife need not worry as she can still dress you funny.
If there is hope, it is in that Bozo the clown costume she has hanging in the closet behind a glass pane with a small hammer hanging in front of it. "Break here in case geeks get sexy" is the printing on the pane.

GasSavers_Ryland 06-03-2008 10:53 PM

I have hopes it's true and if the list of cute single girls who want a ride in my electric car holds any weight then it just might be true.

ZugyNA 06-04-2008 02:39 AM

It's a good idea to check for bark forming on their legs and if they are putting out roots and so forth? :D It's when they want to put down roots....that things get "sticky"? :rolleyes:

I've also heard on the street that it's best to look for light between their legs. I don't have any idea how to do this....or when this is supposed to be done or its purpose...I'd just be very careful if trying it. :cool:

Women tend to be a bit squeamish IMO. :D