Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   "ecogeeks" get the ladies? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/ecogeeks-get-the-ladies-8747.html)

ihatemybike 06-04-2008 04:56 AM

The survey was part of GM's Challenge X competition. I think it's maybe a little skewed. Most of the young ladies I know still go for sports/status cars and trucks.

Hateful 06-04-2008 05:08 AM

they should have been more precise as to what kind of car. I'm sure I could get someone to ride in a new Prius, but if I had one of those junkyard revival civics they'd pay me no mind at all.

Project84 06-04-2008 05:15 AM

perhaps that's why my g/f isn't threatened by me wanting to ship a D15Z1 here and buy a local guy's rolling CRX for the swap.... lol She has literally said, "you want THAT!? WHY?"

I just told her I could double my mileage and she actually would rather me do that, than get to working on my Z28 and have it out on the streets again.

Personally, I'm 22, and I think young girls, or women, don't really care what kinda car you drive as long as they aren't embarassed while riding in it. Essentially, matching paint, relatively low noise (no loud mufflers unless muscle car), and a calm driving style, and they wouldn't care if it was a Metro or a Mercedes. They might brag to their friends about your Mercedes, but they wouldn't insult you about your Metro.

GasSavers_RoadWarrior 06-04-2008 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateful (Post 103672)
The wife need not worry as she can still dress you funny.

Hmmm, mine will want me to wear stuff that she likes me in, then will complain if other women look.

Project84 06-04-2008 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadWarrior (Post 103865)
Hmmm, mine will want me to wear stuff that she likes me in, then will complain if other women look.

That's terrible.... for that reason alone I value my independence, and I feel a bit sorry for you. Bickering, that's what I think all men hate the most! Self-imposed bickering, as in your case, is probably the WORST!! ARGHH!!!!

theholycow 06-04-2008 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateful (Post 103862)
they should have been more precise as to what kind of car. I'm sure I could get someone to ride in a new Prius, but if I had one of those junkyard revival civics they'd pay me no mind at all.

Well, when I read it it was pretty clear to me that they said new fuel-efficient cars, not a 1992 VX with welded-on wheel skirts, coroplast grill block, and an aluminum air dam...

GasSavers_JoeBob 06-04-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 103875)
Well, when I read it it was pretty clear to me that they said new fuel-efficient cars, not a 1992 VX with welded-on wheel skirts, coroplast grill block, and an aluminum air dam...

That's because the guy who has the Prius or (preferably) the Tahoe hybrid is the guy who can kill the big dinosaurs. A '92 VX (especially a modified one), a '91 Metro, or for that matter any 20th century car (except maybe a 'Vette, Mustang, or some other similar car) = Killer of shrimpy dinosaurs, or none at all. It still comes down to the guy who kills the big dinosaurs can provide for the girl and all the babies. So to get the girls, get the new ecogeek car. (Of course, if you've already attracted a mate, you can get away with the VX...)

GasSavers_JoeBob 06-04-2008 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadWarrior (Post 103865)

Complaining, but secretly she's probably gloating also. My wife only complains if I am looking back....:)

MiddleMike 06-05-2008 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Project84 (Post 103873)
That's terrible.... for that reason alone I value my independence, and I feel a bit sorry for you. Bickering, that's what I think all men hate the most! Self-imposed bickering, as in your case, is probably the WORST!! ARGHH!!!!

Actually it's not terrible at all, assuming that he gives her a wink and a nod and a "that's right baby, look at all those girls that want me" from time to time.

It sounds counterintuitive, but it works a treat.

friz 06-05-2008 05:47 PM

You think that someday women will lust over our pasty bloated geek physiques and 20 yr old econo cars? Could happen.