Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   12 Ways to Save Gas (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/12-ways-to-save-gas-9308.html)

GasSavers_cherry 07-08-2008 08:20 AM

12 Ways to Save Gas

1. Internet

Some websites post real-time gas prices. You may find the cheapest gas price
around your region on the web:

GasBuddy.com
GasPriceWatch.com

2. Cell Phone

If you send your zip code (postal code) to some companies, they will notify you
the cheapest gas price in your region by text message.

For example, gas@gasbuddy.com or sms@mobgas.com can send you real time gas prices.
The service is free if your cell phone plan covers text messaging.

3. Buy gas-saving cars, such as GAS-ELECTRIC hybrid.

4. Convert your car to run on WATER.

5. Try poor regions

The rich are not so sensitive to gas price changes as the poor. So usually gas prices in
poor regions are relatively lower.

6. Do not pour gas at gas stations close to highway or service bay.

7. The gas prices are more expensive at gas stations who provide maintenance service.

8. If you use Shell Mosaik MasterCard, you may get up to 5% cash back and other
discounts at Shell gas stations in Canada (annual fee is needed).

9. Save 2 cents per liter if you pour gas at Petro Canada using Citi Petro-Points
MasterCard. You also collect Petro-Points. (no annual fee)

10. Sometimes you pay less if you pay cash at gas stations.

11. Use coupons.

12. Participate car-sharing plan.

You are welcome to add more gas-saving ideas.

ihatemybike 07-08-2008 08:52 AM

Hmmm, first post, bunch of tips...hey what that at number 4. Run on Water, link to blog OK, link to site for HHO kit. And guess what kiddies sale ends tomorrow.

Smell like Spam.

theholycow 07-08-2008 09:09 AM

Nothing new there, except for the SMS idea, and the fact that the post is a spam for a "Water for gas" site.

Jay2TheRescue 07-08-2008 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 110047)
Nothing new there, except for the SMS idea, and the fact that the post is a spam for a "Water for gas" site.

LOL, I have gaspricewatch.com bookmarked on my cellphone and always check gas prices before I leave the house on the computer. If leaving on a trip I have my fuel stops pre-planned to take advantage of the best gas prices. If I have to make an unplanned fuel stop I check prices on the phone.

GasSavers_BIBI 07-08-2008 10:11 AM

I can run on water

ihatemybike 07-08-2008 10:26 AM

Can I convert my van to run on water and float on water, while I drink some water.

theholycow 07-08-2008 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIBI (Post 110061)
I can run on water

You mean, like a Jesus Lizard?

https://www.societyofrobots.com/image...JB_lizard1.jpg

SL8Brick 07-08-2008 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 110069)
You mean, like a Jesus Lizard?

LMAO!!:D

99metro 07-08-2008 12:14 PM

Mid-grade is the best value for the money, at least for me. On cheapest gas, I get 50 mpg. On mid-grade I get 55 mpg. 10% increase in fuel economy. Mid-grade is 2.4% more expensive. I have a 10 gallon tank, so I will spend $1.00 more to fill the tank with mid than with regular assuming .10 difference in price. Since the increase in fuel economy is essentially a free gallon of gas (at about $4.10 - $1.00 = $3.10 savings).

Therefore, mid-grade fuel is cheaper than regular grade fuel.

PS I can RUN with water, but my arm hurts after awhile. :-)

hotcubed 07-09-2008 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99metro (Post 110083)
Mid-grade is the best value for the money, at least for me. On cheapest gas, I get 50 mpg. On mid-grade I get 55 mpg. 10% increase in fuel economy. Mid-grade is 2.4% more expensive. I have a 10 gallon tank, so I will spend $1.00 more to fill the tank with mid than with regular assuming .10 difference in price. Since the increase in fuel economy is essentially a free gallon of gas (at about $4.10 - $1.00 = $3.10 savings).

Therefore, mid-grade fuel is cheaper than regular grade fuel.

PS I can RUN with water, but my arm hurts after awhile. :-)

Dang.. way to go, Number Cruncher. :thumbup: :D

I have to say I hadn't thought of #3, "Buy gas-saving cars, such as GAS-ELECTRIC hybrid." All these years I didn't know. I'm kind of beating myself over the head for this one.

On another note, out of all of the gas finder sites, I like Gas Finder the best. It's simple and straightforward. I find GasBuddy or GasPriceWatch way to bloated for me. Just my opinion...