Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Station ran out of fuel!!! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/station-ran-out-of-fuel-9948.html)

smalldisplacementfreak 09-09-2008 08:36 PM

Station ran out of fuel!!!

Ok, this fill up freaked me out. There was an SUV in the front fill station and I hear him telling his wife that they are out of fuel. He asks me and I said I'm filling, but it kicked off right around 10 gallons. But then after my tank kicked off I couldn't top off. So clearly the station has no more regular gas. Ack! Is this harbinger of things to come? :confused:

Jay2TheRescue 09-10-2008 02:59 AM

I don't think so. Just a poorly managed station that doesn't know how to order enough fuel.

-Jay

GasSavers_RoadWarrior 09-10-2008 08:17 AM

OMG that's TSHTF right there, grab your BOB and load up the BOV and head for the hills! ;)

theholycow 09-10-2008 09:50 AM

That's happened to me many times before...

smalldisplacementfreak 09-10-2008 03:41 PM

Whew, thanks. It's a relief that many have lived through such thing before. Sorry for being overly excited about it but this was a first in a long time since the oil embargo in the 70s.

-SDF

MrChoi 09-10-2008 04:48 PM

happens all the time.

mini-e 09-10-2008 06:31 PM

The end time is here, for it is written....

Narrator: My life fades. The vision dims. All that remains are memories. I remember a time of chaos. Ruined dreams. This wasted land. But most of all, I remember The Road Warrior. The man we called "Max". To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time. When the world was powered by the black fuel. And the desert sprouted great cities of pipe and steel. Gone now, swept away. For reasons long forgotten, two mighty warrior tribes went to war and touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing. They built a house of straw. The thundering machines sputtered and stopped. Their leaders talked and talked and talked. But nothing could stem the avalanche. Their world crumbled. The cities exploded. A whirlwind of looting, a firestorm of fear. Men began to feed on men. On the roads it was a white line nightmare. Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice. And in this maelstrom of decay, ordinary men were battered and smashed. Men like Max. The warrior Max. In the roar of an engine, he lost everything. And became a shell of a man, a burnt out, desolate man, a man haunted by the demons of his past, a man who wandered out into the wasteland. And it was here, in this blighted place, that he learned to live again...

Mayhim 09-11-2008 04:56 AM

I read in a recent article that many stations are feeling the pinch of the high prices. They have to front the money for many thousands of gallons of fuel and then sell what they have. They must sell what they have to get the cash to buy more. The high prices make that difficult. More like a poor station than a poorly managed one. Of course, one could say both, too.

bowtieguy 09-11-2008 07:22 AM

several stations in my area have closed, including 2 chevrons. pitty 'cause one was very convenient for me to refuel and i believe it(chevron) to be a good quality gas.

my observation is that the other stations have increased in business as a result.

on another note, the shell station that i was using until recently, is about to reopen with new underground tanks.:thumbup: hopefully this will mean less chance of getting contaminants upon fueling up there.

GasSavers_Erik 09-11-2008 12:00 PM

A few months ago, a couple of stations closed in my area because their older electronic pumps could not be programed to charge over $4 per gallon. Rather than spending lots of money to install new pumps, they just quit.