Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Gas prices up (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/gas-prices-up-9972.html)

opelgt73 09-12-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue (Post 118382)
Are you sure the limit isn't the station limit, and not your card limit? I've had pumps click off @ $50, reinsert my card, and pump another $20.

-Jay

I've always wondered that. Some stations pumps have a sticker that says $50 Visa and $75 master card limit. And the sticker says it isn't from the station, that it is mandated by the credit card companies. Then other stations have a $75 limit on visa. Then still other stations have no limit. When filling up my SUV I just put my Visa back in and run it again.

Jay2TheRescue 09-12-2008 03:30 PM

I've never seen a sticker posting card limits on a pump. Right when the price first spiked I had problems with some stations stopping @ $50, but all I ever did was just put the card back in and pump more.

-Jay

thisisntjared 09-12-2008 04:31 PM

oh man i am glad i sold my car hahahaah remember oil recently dropped to $101 a barrel gas prices will go back down.

bucklejo 09-12-2008 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ford Man (Post 118367)
I just wanted to let everyone know that gas went up as much as $.50 gallon over night in the Charlotte, NC area. Stations that were $3.699 last night were 4.199 today and I heard one person locally say gas might be $5.00 or more per gallon by tomorrow. The stations have also placed a 10 gallon limit on gas sales because of low supply. I don't know whether this will be a national trend or not, but if gas hasn't gone up or been limited where you live you might want to fill up.

I hope everyone is preparing for the next few months, Hurricane Ike will be added to a long list of excuses for why fuel prices will go throught the roof in the next few months. (as if they are not already there....)

civic94 09-12-2008 06:53 PM

I just hope the oil rigs are ok down there. the price of gas does affect me since im jobless for now, but i drive very little in the city. i just feel bad for the low wage workers who have to feed their family and still have to drive to work.

Danronian 09-12-2008 07:08 PM

Went up 40 cents for regular overnight, here south of D.C.

Its been 20 days since I got gas, so this weekend, around 1/4 tank it's time to go get some gas... :( Stupid bad luck.

Jay2TheRescue 09-12-2008 07:12 PM

I will need to do some heavy hauling next week, I guess I need to drive the Buick some more to save that gas in the truck for the hauling so I don't have to buy any gas next week. Give these storms a chance to clear out and get fuel production back online.

-Jay

GasSavers_SD26 09-12-2008 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thisisntjared (Post 118391)
oh man i am glad i sold my car hahahaah remember oil recently dropped to $101 a barrel gas prices will go back down.

There are gasoline contracts traded too. Those are up.

dieselbenz 09-12-2008 11:23 PM

When something is in short supply, prices go up. There is no such thing as "price gauging". If you don't like the price, you're welcome to not buy it. 20% of the refinaries in the US are shutdown for this storm. Don't be surprised to see $6 and $7 per gallon in the next few days as oil drops below $100 per barrel. This too shall pass. The oil bubble has burst and with the world in recession it will continue to collapse. This hurricane is just a blip.

GasSavers_JoeBob 09-12-2008 11:56 PM

So far, as of this evening, I haven't seen any rise in prices here in California. Not to say they couldn't shoot up tomorrow morning, but so far nothing.