Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Experiments, Modifications and DIY (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f9/)
-   -   Proposed experiment: MPG-CAPS (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f9/proposed-experiment-mpg-caps-1764.html)

diamondlarry 03-06-2006 12:25 PM

Quote:My wallet is

Quote:

My wallet is screaming.
Probably looks a little like my avatar? :D

SVOboy 03-06-2006 04:28 PM

Put me down, m8. I've been

Put me down, m8. I've been pretty consistent as of late with my gas mileage.

Compaq888 03-06-2006 05:06 PM

LOL, my mpg is all over the

LOL, my mpg is all over the place.

n0rt0npr0 03-06-2006 08:51 PM

dissolve?

It would be nice if the Company would provide a video of the pill dissolving for us. I replaced my gas tank, sending unit, and fuel pump screen back in 0ctober 2005.
My MPG spread has been low lately too.
BUT my area warms up THIS coming weekend and I got some smooth wheelcovers that I will install on Sunday too

WorkhorseDiesel 04-01-2006 01:28 AM

Siphon screens!!!

** Caution ** It's been reported by a rep of the company posting on another forum that unless you're 100% SURE that your tank doesn't have an anti-siphon screen at the bottom of the filler tube, then DON'T drop any pills in there. Apparently, a number of people have reported putting the pills in their tank and after adding pills a couple of times, they get gas shot back at them because the pills have accumulated on the anti-syphon screen and are now blocking the tank inlet. I don't think people are thinking about this potential problem until they can't get any more gas in their tank without a mess. Hope this helps keep anyone from getting drenched.

rh77 04-02-2006 12:19 PM

Re: 40 gallons

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sludgy
If you think 12.8 is wierd, how about my 40 gallon diesel tank. I just dropped $70 to fillup today. My wallet is screaming.

But how often do you have to fill up? I have to plunk down $50/week between two cars. Does your tank last a while? Diesels tend to get more "bang for the buck", but I assume you have the Power Stoke which can suck it down pretty hard. I wonder if it's possible to hook-up a turbo/air-fuel controller to shut down the turbo when you don't need it, and if you'll off-road, or towing, you could engage it. I used to drive the pre-turbo Fords (E-350 Van Ambulances), and we usually got about 20 mpg (including the high-speed responses and triple-digit highway speeds -- yeah we were rebels, but we were basically IT for a huge area, so seconds counted). I'd look into taming that turbo...

RH77

SVOboy 04-02-2006 12:23 PM

For the turbo you can just

For the turbo you can just take out the spring on the wastegate which'll prevent it from running in boost at all.

GasSavers_Ryland 04-07-2006 06:00 PM

I've read about comparing

I've read about comparing turbo, and non turbo diesel VW rabbits, and how they both got about the same mileage, partly because they are not relying on spark ignition, that more air ment more compression, and that ment more heat to burn more of the fuel, that deisels are alwas running wide open, that it's only the amount of fuel going on that changes, and that average diesels runing under normal load are running a 50:1 air:fuel and can go as lean as 200:1, comparard to the 15:1 with gasoline.

boofy99 07-14-2006 06:30 PM

MPG CAP testing

Hi guys, wondering how you are going with your trials of these caps..

I have some myself and are running my own experiments, id like to compare if we could.

Thanks
Robyn

Mighty Mira 07-14-2006 07:35 PM

I've got some magic beans for sale if you want some...