Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   MID/VSS issue (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/mid-vss-issue-2093.html)

krousdb 05-15-2006 01:37 AM

Sorry to hear about the VSS.

Sorry to hear about the VSS. I hadn't thought of that. But at least for now you can view the pulse width and record fuel used. You can do the MPG calcs manually until the tranny swap. Also use this time to calibrate the MID. The fuel parameter should be set to 11087. Fill your tank and let the MID count fuel used. When you fill, compare to what the MID says and tweak the fuel parameter until it matches your fill.

GasSavers_DaX 05-15-2006 04:32 AM

If you use an electric VSS,

If you use an electric VSS, your MID will work but your speedometer will not (unless you get an OBD-1 + cluster).

SVOboy 05-15-2006 04:57 AM

Dan: How do I see fuel used

Dan: How do I see fuel used on the MID? I didn't know I could do that!?!?! I wish I knew how to use that since I just did this road trip. I honestly don't know how to work it too well, :(

Quote:

If you use an electric VSS, your MID will work but your speedometer will not (unless you get an OBD-1 + cluster).
Indeed, I should be buying a 97 teg cluster today or tomorrow, but even if I can't get ahold of it the MID has a speedo display on it, plus I know my rpms where I cruise very well, so I'm chill.

krousdb 05-15-2006 05:19 AM

Re: Dan: How do I see fuel used

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
Dan: How do I see fuel used on the MID? I didn't know I could do that!?!?! I wish I knew how to use that since I just did this road trip. I honestly don't know how to work it too well, :(

Fuel consumption is displayed in Liters in the lower right hand corner. Just to the left you will see A, B, S ot T which means trip A, trip B, Start or Tank. A, B and T will keep recording until you reset them. S (start) resets every time power is removed. Use the third button down to change between A, B, S, T and the distance and fuel parameters. I will email you the instructions.

SVOboy 05-15-2006 05:27 AM

Thanks, I just got the

Thanks, I just got the email, I'll have to run out to the car and see what it says...:p

Matt Timion 05-16-2006 11:17 PM

I would personally check the

I would personally check the wire itself for continuity. I asked around and there is no reason you cannot use the red/yellow wire for the supermid. If it's not getting the right signal then the wire itself might be screwed up.

It's also alarming that the wire itself wasn't set up properly at the conversion harness, which makes me wonder if the harness wiring diagrams are correct or not.

SVOboy 05-17-2006 04:16 AM

Quote:It's also alarming

Quote:

It's also alarming that the wire itself wasn't set up properly at the conversion harness, which makes me wonder if the harness wiring diagrams are correct or not.
It was, the one pinout I was using to look for it had the colors mislabeled.

I think the wire is fine, I tried to tap the signal about a half inch after it came out the cluster, also.