Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Experiments, Modifications and DIY (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f9/)
-   -   Summer time testing... need your ideas (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f9/summer-time-testing-need-your-ideas-2510.html)

zpiloto 07-22-2006 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxc
28.8 miles hyway
test without tornado 1.325 gal first click.
hyway with tornado 1.255 gal first click. 78F without, 72F with tornado. Winds N 12 mph, North trip 59mph, south trip 65mph windows down cruisecontrol
No traffic. I know short trip. Don't beat me up too bad:) 22.94 with 21.73 without

Why the different speeds on the test?

SVOboy 07-22-2006 07:08 AM

It seems to me like that was a-b and not a-b-a. I remembered compq once did a test like this with short freeway + pump measuring and got some 140 mpg number.

GasSavers_maxc 07-22-2006 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zpiloto
Why the different speeds on the test?

Slower speed on north trip, speed limit lower.

GasSavers_maxc 07-22-2006 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
It seems to me like that was a-b and not a-b-a. I remembered compq once did a test like this with short freeway + pump measuring and got some 140 mpg number.

If it was a-b I would not end up at the same place.(gasstation)Where i filled up in the first place.

GasSavers_maxc 07-22-2006 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG
The biggest issue is too many variables were changed to make it a valid test...

Different speeds, different temps, different wind conditions. Needs to be round-trip, back to back.

At least it was all highway driving! :)

I don't think you understand it was round trip back to back. Down the hyway 14.4 miles(65mph) then turn around come back 14.4 miles(59mph) to the same gasstation. Two runs with and with out. Total test took little more than 1 hour. It was little cooler the #2 run with the tornado. Wind was equal on all runs.

MetroMPG 07-22-2006 05:36 PM

Ah, I see now.

By A-B, SVOboy is referring to the items being tested. As in "A" = get a baseline, "B" = test the thing to see if there's any change, "A" remove the thing to see whether you return to baseline or not.

Still, too much variability - particularly the speed difference (my car gets several MPG difference between 59-65, which I've tested). Sorry! :(

SVOboy 07-22-2006 06:06 PM

Yes, I was wondering why you called it a-b-a since 'twasn't, but whatevs.

I agree with darin, huge difference in speed!

GasSavers_maxc 07-22-2006 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG
Ah, I see now.

By A-B, SVOboy is referring to the items being tested. As in "A" = get a baseline, "B" = test the thing to see if there's any change, "A" remove the thing to see whether you return to baseline or not.

Still, too much variability - particularly the speed difference (my car gets several MPG difference between 59-65, which I've tested). Sorry! :(

But the to dif. speeds are done"with"............then to dif. speed without. It like the wind against then with the wind. Nullification. The speeds just average 63 mph per run.

GasSavers_maxc 07-22-2006 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxc
But the to dif. speeds are done"with"............then to dif. speed without. It like the wind against then with the wind. Nullification. The speeds just average 63 mph per run.

I should have went the same speed both directions so nobody here would get comfused.:mad: