More graph options - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-26-2011, 07:50 AM   #11

Checked with a different system. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, running the same version of FF and got the same result. IE on that system looks like yours. Looks to me like a bug in the FF browser or a bug in the site coding that the browser is ignoring or skipping or something. Oh well, hopefully you can figure it out. No worries, been like that a while, just occurred to me to say something today. lol

DTMAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:11 AM   #12
pb

That is odd. Everything looks fine for me in Firefox 5.0.1 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64. I see the missing data point in your screenshot, but I have no idea what could be causing it.

Flash and Java aren't factors here, so you don't need to worry about those. We're using a JavaScript (confusingly not related to Java in any way) charting system called Highcharts. This could be a bug in Highcharts in the Firefox beta. If that's the case there's not much we can do about it on this end. Sorry about this hassle. We're relying on a whole stack of software to make Fuelly happen and quite a bit of it is out of our control.

pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:17 AM   #13
pb

You could try clearing out your Firefox cache. There's on off-chance you have an older version of Highcharts in your browser cache--and this bug has been fixed in the newest version. Here's the version we're currently using:

http://mefi.us/scripts/fuelly/v2/hig.../highcharts.js

If you click that link in Firefox it should bring up the code. The top of the code should say: "Highcharts JS v2.1.5 (2011-06-22)". If it doesn't, you're using an older version.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:50 AM   #14

Weird. It was a cache issue, the version was 2.1.4, not 2.1.5. Funny that it would have been wrong on the other system, but whatever. After doing a hard refresh on that page it works fine now. Strange though.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:59 AM   #15
BDC
Registered Member

Freaky. F5 fixed on my browser too (chrome).
BDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:16 PM   #16
pb

Sorry about that. Next time we do a Highcharts update I'll be sure to give the file a new name so we don't have this kind of issue crop up again.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:48 PM   #17

Simple solution. Use the version in the name. Or at least it sounds simple in my head. lol
Old 08-12-2011, 04:01 AM   #18

(new user reviving old thread)

I have a couple cases where one might want to graph their own fuel costs independently from the national average.

First, some of us run Biodiesel instead of petroleum based fuels. Our cost fluctuations are different from most gassers.

Second, some people make their own Biodiesel, and would probably end up tracking their costs differently. If they've gone through the work of assigning a $/gal figure to their homemade fuel I could see them wanting to see a graph of their costs.

Third, users who are optimizing for fuel cost may want to compare their own average against the national average.

However, independent of any particular use case, having generic support for graphing any metric you're already exposing in the mini-stats means that users will be able to create combinations of charts that we can't yet imagine. In my mind that alone is the biggest argument in support of implementing touvang's request.

All that said, you can consider this a vote for a feature I think would make fuelly even more awesome. I hope you can find room on the roadmap for it.

skully is offline   Reply With Quote