Predictions for next generation Tesla S - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2017, 06:16 PM   #1
Registered Member

Predictions for next generation Tesla S

Here's my prediction for future Model S Teslas...

When Elon (yes. we're on a first name basis) introduced the dual motor S he said not only did the car become insanely faster, but the increased efficiency of two motors working in tandem more than offset the weight disadvantage of a 2nd motor. Elon said every metric of the S improved.

I predict Telsa will take that multi-motor advantage a step further. Eventually, we will see a 4 motor Tesla S with a motor assigned to each wheel.

I predict future Model S Teslas will also offer a 4 wheel steering option. This will be a tremendous accident avoidance advantage. Kinda like the automobile version of thrust vectoring used on military fighter jets.

Additionally, because the four wheels can rotate 90 degrees self-parking in in tight parallel spaces can be done laterally instead of with the traditional backing method.

The CEO of Nissan/Renault, Carlos, (yes. same first name basis) has said self-driving tech is going SO well that Nissan has moved the introduction date from 2020 to 2018.

Elon has said the ONLY thing preventing car companies from selling fully functional self-driving cars in 2018 will be government regulations.
ChewChewTrain is offline   Reply With Quote