N00b with 05 Elantra looking to save gas & $$ - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2007, 01:23 PM   #1
Registered Member

N00b with 05 Elantra looking to save gas & $$

Hey all! I discovered this site last night and after looking through various gas saving threads, I decided to test the tire pressure and coasting/P&G techniques and so this morning I took my car to work which is on a military installation so speed signs vary from 20-40MPH. well, after taking my car to pt, back home, to our motorpool, to an airfield 17 miles away and back to home again, I had only used up 8 miles of gasoline, although I drove 50 miles. and after all my previous mileage, I still managed to bump my MPG up by .7 so I was impressed.

After topping my car's tank off, I continued my lil experiment and having driven 38 miles, I only knocked off 4 miles of gas and had a whopping 40.1MPG (car is rated 24/32). I guess my question is what else can I do that people have found to be successful to help push my car up to around 50? I have A/T with tri-lock alarm (so shutting off car is unfortunately out of the question). Any help is much appreciated!

And continue to Hypermile your rides!
andy867 is offline   Reply With Quote