D15Z1 injectors different from others? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
Registered Member

D15Z1 injectors different from others?

When I got my D15Z1, it came with a DX intake manifold. And when I picked up a VX manifold, it came without injectors. I didn't think this would be a problem, as I figured that all Civics and Integras used the same injectors. Now someone tells me the VX uses different injectors. Is this true? Are they just sperficially different, but have the same flowrate? And if they really are different, is there another more commonly available injector that might work (ie CX)?

StorminMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:35 PM   #2
Registered Member

there the same size physicly and plug in the same as any other OBD1 honda injector. diffrence is the flow rate. dont quote me on this but i beleve normal injectors are 220cc/ miniute and VX and HF are eather 170 or 190cc/ minute.

Need this stuff gone!
https://www.honda-tech.com/zero...67053[/B]
GasSavers_Diemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:17 PM   #3
Registered Member

Actually, I know for a fact that the typical D-series and B-series injector flows 240cc/min. Not sure about VX/CX, though.
StorminMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:36 AM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
If anyone wants to flip a few dollars my way, there is a guy local to me that can flow test injectors and give me a spec sheet on them for $20. I have a spare set of VX injectors sitting in the motor that I'm rebuilding that I can send in to get tested and cleaned. That way we can have definitive proof of what the flow rate of the VX injectors are.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:04 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomO View Post
If anyone wants to flip a few dollars my way, there is a guy local to me that can flow test injectors and give me a spec sheet on them for $20. I have a spare set of VX injectors sitting in the motor that I'm rebuilding that I can send in to get tested and cleaned. That way we can have definitive proof of what the flow rate of the VX injectors are.
Just to add to that, theres also these guys that do shipping
http://www.witchhunter.com/
It's $17 per injector but that's cleaning, new o-rings, and flow test. I don't know if it's a common thing to do on hondas, but it's fairly common on the older toyota trucks i'm used to. Most people get a noticeable difference and it's much cheaper than new injectors.
thewizard182 is offline   Reply With Quote